Thursday, January 24, 2013

Posts I'm Pretty Sure You'll Never See Me Write



Ever so often I feel the need to do a post about how difficult it is to come up with a post title.

The post title is supposed to lure you all in.  To make you just dying to hop over here to my blog and read my post.

To mesmerize you and thrill you and attract you away from all the other blogs out there long enough to read MY blog post.  And maybe even be moved enough to leave a comment.

The post title is supposed to get you all excited about what you're going to read.  Or give you an idea of what you're going to read or tell you that you will find 10 Ways To Solve Your Problem....or whatever.

How am I supposed to find a relevant blog title for those times when I'm blogging about hairy legs, or pimples, or chocolate?

Half the time I spend more time trying to think up a post title than I do actually writing the post.

It's just too much stress.  Match the post title to the post.  Make sure it's clever and witty.  Oh the pressure!

Sometimes I can come up with a post title.  But then I can't figure out how to write a post that fits it.

So here are some post titles for posts that I'm pretty sure I will never write:


How I Stopped Eating Chocolate

The Day I Got Caught Up On All My Laundry

How To Have A "Perfect Hair" Day Every Day

Why I Cook Every Meal From Scratch

How To Improve Your Memory And....I'm Sorry, What Was I Saying?

Why I Will Never Allow A Computer In My Home Again

How To Train Your Husband To Always Ask For Directions When He Is Lost

How To Keep Yourself From Being Late All The Time: Just Don't Go Anywhere

How To Shave Your Legs Every Day....Especially During The Winter Season

How Not To Spoil Your Dog

How To Stop Your Children From Growing Up

How To Eat Anything You Want And Not Gain An Inch

Why I Love To Exercise

Why I Prefer Vegetables Over Chocolate


So, what are some of YOUR post titles that you will never write?


If you don't want to miss any blog posts, you can follow me or subscribe in your reader or by email.  You   can also find me here on facebook as well!  I'd love to connect with you!

Be sure and come back Monday and link up to the Making Your Home Sing Monday meme!







18 comments:

  1. Sweetie, I am always mezmerised and thrilled by your titles! A picture of your dog looking adorable always reels me in x

    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet! I'm so glad you commented about my dogs. I almost did a dog post this week but then I thought "What if people hate it when I do that?" I'm glad you don't mind it.

      Delete
  2. Seriously, you crack...me...up!!! This whole shaving the legs thing - ugh, what idiot woman from long ago thought that would be awesome?? I don't like her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, it was probably a MAN, hahaha! Seriously, I don't really know why that all started. I'll have to google it sometime.

      Delete
  3. Ha Ha- Yeah, I'll never write any of them posts either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. But Nan, I wish you would write about all of them, well maybe not the one about not eating chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I don't think I could ever give up chocolate. Although I don't have it as often as I used to.

      Delete
  5. Too fun...I love the titles...mine would be, you will never see me write a post on having Perfect Kids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither, lol! I won't be doing one on How To Be A Perfect Wife And Mother either, lol!

      Delete
  6. haha...I love the title "How To Improve Your Memory And....I'm Sorry, What Was I Saying?" That one cracked me up :) You know what, I always love visiting you so it wouldn't matter what your title is, I'll still come and see what you have written. You are a blessing and joy.

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you are always so sweet! Thank you, you made my day, my friend! :)

      Delete
  7. I agree with the comment on shaving legs! Seriously?! I live in Wisconsin. I shiver the second the shower water turns off during the winter (which is practically 6 months long!) and my perfectly shaved legs suddenly have goose bumps and... I now have to shave again.

    I would be curious about the blog that followed many of those titles. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, lol! Wow, what a beautiful state you live in! I remember specifically studying it during our homeschool years.

      Delete
  8. Are those the titles ones that your dog will never write or you?? You've heard of the Joy Dare? Well, I dare you to use those titles to write your witty posts. Of course, you'll want to link em up to Scripture to drive your points home!!

    And...as far as shaving in the winter?? There are no men reading this, right?? It was -4 this morning and it is mighty cold in our bedroom BUT I don't want the black forest to warm my legs.

    Nan, I just love your posts!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't remember the Joy Dare, but I may have read it on some blog, maybe yours? The name sort of rings a bell though.

      I may take you up on your challenge sometime, lol!

      Delete
  9. I wanna be you when I grow up.

    Your humor continues to bless me and amaze me. In fact, I think I'll live longer, thanks to you.

    I think you're crazy to think you are NOT a writer and that you shouldn't write a book. You need to come to the writers conference with me this spring. Really, really, really you do. All in favor of Nan writing a book say AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

    mommamindy.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are such a sweetie! Thank you! I can't even imagine how I would start writing a book or even what I'd write about! Where's the conference?

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!

So I'd still love to hear from you! Just don't type out a link to share! ;)