Monday, January 21, 2013

Making Your Home Sing Monday Linkup

Well, I'm back!  No "official" post today, sorry.  Not feeling quite up to 100% but definitely on the mend.  Colds always affect my asthma and I had a fever with this one, so maybe I got my husband's flu instead of a cold.  Not quite sure.  I got a flu shot back in October so who knows what I had.  But my hubby and I no longer have fevers so we're happy.

My mom actually tested positive for both the flu AND pneumonia.  She is where I get my overachiever genes from.  She wasn't happy having just one illness, she had to have two.

However, she is doing better and on some serious antibiotics plus some flu medicine and may actually get out of the hospital tomorrow (which will be today when you read this).

Apparently it takes about two weeks to get over this thing energy-wise, so I suspect I will still be tired this week, but I am breathing much better.  I like breathing.  It's fun.

So I am putting the linky up again.  I was all excited to see you all linking up last week.  Thanks so much!  It's always fun to see what everyone is sharing.  Be sure and visit one another's links!

Now join us for the Making Your Home Sing Monday meme! 




Making your home sing Mondays

Welcome to the Making Your Home Sing Monday meme! Every day you are doing something to make your house into a home for yourself and your family (if you have one). 

My point with each Monday post is, what are YOU doing or going to do today to make your home sing? It can be an attitude or an action. So have fun, do some blog hopping and if you want, link up!

Topics can include marriage, parenting, encouraging women, organization, cleaning, saving money, our behavior and attitudes, homemaking, homeschooling, recipes....the opportunities are endless. 

What are you doing or going to do today to make your home sing? Please go here for instructions and/or ideas and come back here to link up to join us today! Please do not put your own "Making Your Home Sing Monday" Linky on your blog. As always, please don't forget to link to this post so that others can join the fun!

If you don't want to miss any blog posts, you can follow me or subscribe in your reader or by email.  You can also find me here on facebook as well!  I'd love to connect with you!


14 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you are all feeling better. You have been in my prayers. Yes, breathing is fun and beats the alternative, lol! (It's nice to see illness hasn't affected your funny bone.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it sure beats the alternative, lol! Thank you, I keep hoping that each day will get better and better!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I am always blessed when others join me in trying to make our homes sing each week!

      Delete
  3. HI Nan,

    I am so glad and thankful to hear you and your mom are feeling better! I hope your energy levels get back to normal soon :)

    Have a lovely and restful week.

    Hugs to you,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Her doctor called and they ARE releasing her today. Thanks so much for all your prayers and you have an awesome week too!

      Delete
  4. Hope you're feeling 100% soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, me too! And I hope that YOU stay healthy as well!

      Delete
  5. I am reading your post from bed. If you knew me, you'd know I am NEVER in bed all day!! I am glad you are starting to feel better...this flu-thing has really got me this time. Have a wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, you too? Hang in there, it's a nasty flu, so rest whenever you can and don't push too hard. I hope your doc gives you codeine, that really helps the cough. I will pray for you, my friend!

      Delete
  6. Nan, I'm so glad you're back and feeling better, if not altogether well. You have had your hands full, but then family members rarely get sick one at a time, do they? Continued prayer for your family! Take care.
    Dewena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your prayers, we can certainly use them! So far the kids haven't got sick yet and I don't know how they've managed to avoid it, but I'm praying that they will continue to do so. I'm also praying that we don't get anything from my mom, I assume she got what we had but one never knows!

      Delete
  7. I was a late link-up again this week, but thanks so much for hosting, and also for stopping my and commenting! I appreciate the encourgement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just glad to have you! Thanks for linking up!

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!

So I'd still love to hear from you! Just don't type out a link to share! ;)