Monday, January 28, 2013

Decide to Decide and MYHSM Linkup

Making your home sing Mondays

Welcome to the Making Your Home Sing Monday meme! Every day you are doing something to make your house into a home for yourself and your family (if you have one). 

My point with each Monday post is, what are YOU doing or going to do today to make your home sing? It can be an attitude or an action. So have fun, do some blog hopping and if you want, link up!

Topics can include marriage, parenting, encouraging women, organization, cleaning, saving money, our behavior and attitudes, homemaking, homeschooling, recipes....the opportunities are endless. 

What have you been putting off lately?  What do you KNOW needs to be done, and yet you're not doing it?

How much time are you spending each day thinking about what you're not doing?

How much stress and energy are you expending on them by thinking about them constantly and maybe even feeling guilty for not doing them?

What are your reasons for not doing each one?  Is it just an unpleasant task?  Are you not sure where to start?  Is it just plain difficult?  Is it just too time consuming?

Is it outside your comfort zone?  Is it too emotionally painful to contemplate?  Are you waiting on someone else to do their part?  Is it boring?  Is it so easy that you know it will only take a few minutes to do so you just keep putting it off?

What's stopping you from doing them and getting it OVER with?

Think of the relief it will be to finally be free!  Imagine not having to start the morning with a list of  previously avoided tasks hanging over your head.

When you have something that you need to do, and you don't do it, all day long you have to continually make the decision NOT to do it.  Over and over. All day long.

You decide not to decide.  You choose not to choose.  And you make the move NOT to make the move.  You are making the same "not now" decision over and over.  And it's costing you.  Decide to decide!

I encourage you to find one thing that you are procrastinating on each day and just DO it and make your home sing this week!


What are you doing or going to do today to make your home sing? Please go here for instructions and/or ideas and come back here to link up to join us today! Please do not put your own "Making Your Home Sing Monday" Linky on your blog. As always, please don't forget to link to this post so that others can join the fun!


If you don't want to miss any blog posts, you can follow me or subscribe in your reader or by email.  You can also find me here on facebook as well!  I'd love to connect with you!

16 comments:

  1. OH how I needed this reminder this morning. wow. Thanks, Nan. Today I will decide to decide!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well good! But don't push too hard, I know you've been sick!

      Delete
  2. Great post, dear friend! Thank you so much :)

    Have a splendid week!

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, hope you're having a great week too, my dear!

      Delete
  3. Hi Nan,

    I am in a very emotional state right now. I have deleted my blog “The Simple Life of Hope”. My father-in-law died nearly two weeks ago, and the following weekend, I found out that my father has leukemia and was told that he had 2 weeks to 3 months to live.

    I would like to keep in touch with you, and I will probably even begin a new blog, eventually. I just wanted to let you know what’s going on with me.

    ♥Hope

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nan, with me it is phone calls that I put off. I put the pieces of paper on my piano, knowing that I'll hate seeing them there and take care of them...sooner or later. Calls to clear up an inflated cable bill, phone bill, dr. bill. Questions for our accountant. Business calls, calls to the state re some new form our business requires. What is there about these calls that makes me put them off, reproaching myself every time I walk past them? Partly it's knowing I'll be put on hold and have to listen to every kind of music except the kind I like. Last week I sat down and took an hour and made 4 calls, clearing my piano of all scraps of paper. Now there are 2 more there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I can totally relate. I really hate those phone calls too. I learned to use the speaker phone which makes things much easier. Or I just sit there with the phone to my ear and fold clothes or watch t.v. or something while I'm on hold, lol!

      Delete
  5. I've been known to wake up in the middle of the night thinking about what I should NOT put off!! Good reminder...I think I will work on cleaning my files out today (later today, LOL)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have that fear too, and I'm afraid I will forget. So sometimes I've eaten got out of bed to write it down so I won't forget. Then I can relax and sleep (unless I start planning how I'll do it, lol!) Hope you got some files cleaned out! ;)

      Delete
  6. Oh. I have some health coverage papers to fill out. Dang. Better get them done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forced myself to do some necessary paperwork today and got it in the mail three days before the deadline! ;)

      Delete
  7. I managed to take a ticket I got to the courthouse and have it threw out. Thank Goodness too, I didn't want to go to Court tomorrow morning. Other than that, nothing has been done around here. I'm down and out with a majorly abcessed tooth :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good for you! You are so right, it's much better to do it over the phone than to wait around at the courthouse.

      I am so sorry about your tooth!! Do you have pain meds for it?

      Delete
  8. Oh dear... now I can't sit on my computer for another hour! :) :( I have a huge list that I avoid. So true though, I need to just get it done to be free. Thanks for the push!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I had to push myself today, but I got some necessary paperwork done and got it mailed out three days before the deadline. I've been putting it off for so long and I'm glad it's DONE!

      Delete

So glad you stopped by today! Please feel free to subscribe to my blog and/or follow me on facebook. The links are at the bottom of each post.

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!