Thursday, December 13, 2012

The Mom, The Whole Mom, And Nothing But The Mom


So I thought maybe I'd mention a few totally useless things you might not know about me and really, probably don't WANT to know about me.  Too bad!  Here they are....


I think I look younger upside down, don't you?  See?  God bless gravity.

I also think I look terrifying upside down and maybe even a bit crazy (a BIT????).  See?

I can touch my tongue to the base of my nose.  My cousin taught me when I was a kid. You can probably do it too.  Just relax your tongue and try it.  You're trying it now, aren't you?

I can't cross my fingers like other people can.  If I want to cross my fingers, I have to use my left hand to help my right hand do it.  Really messes up my sign language when I try to fingerspell and make the letter "R."

I know sign language but I guess you figured that out already.

I have two fat big toes and my other toes are skinny.  When I was little I hated my big toes.  I mean, seriously.  Who hates their big toes?





I sometimes dress my toy poodle in sweaters and coats and things when it's raining and/or cold outside.  She "loves" it, can't you tell?  Doesn't she look thrilled?
 
I can't cross my eyes.  I can only cross one eye while the other one stares straight ahead.  People tell me it's freaky looking.

I don't like to be cold.  I hate being cold.  I like being warm.  But I hate being too warm.  Basically, it's all about me when it comes to the weather - mid to high 70's are great.

I am a channel changer.  Give me that remote control, baby!  I will fight you for it.  I love flipping though channels and I've been known to watch two t.v. shows at a time.

I am a door checker.  I check to make sure all the doors are locked before I go to bed at night.

I love to read and enjoy being by myself.  I am also an extrovert and pretty friendly and outgoing.  However, I am also a homebody and love staying home,   I suppose that's why blogging is so nice, lol!  I can meet people and not have to go anywhere to do it!  Is it possible to be an introverted extrovert?

So, come on, confess........tell me some "useless" facts about YOU!!!!!

If you don't want to miss any blog posts, you can follow me or subscribe in your reader or by email.  You   can also find me here on facebook as well!  I'd love to connect with you!

Be sure and come back Monday and link up to the Making Your Home Sing Monday meme!

5 comments:

  1. Great stuff! Some useless facts about me?
    As a child I used to feel inferior because while other people's eyeballs moved around, when I stared at myself in the mirror, mine stayed still however hard I tried!
    Bearing in mind that I went to a rubbish infant school, my first written poem went. 'I know a big dog and he had a big pill 'cause he had a big cold and a very big chill. I took him to the doctor and he said 'very bad' and the poor dog was ever so sad. So I gave him a ball and a great big bone, and when he was better we both went home'

    I like your useless things more than mine : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last paragraph described me to a tee.
    Here's a useless fact about me. I wear flip flops almost every day for 98% of the day. Yup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't mind being too hot, but when I get cold I can complain and whine with the best of them.

    I love watching the sun rise and set. Especially in the mid-west. At the first sign of a smidgen of pink or orange, my heart does flips. There is hope in a beautiful sunrise or sunset.

    I hate buying shoes. I'm a size 11 and they just don't make pretty shoes for people who wear my size.

    I hate buying clothes. All I think about is how much they will shrink, be uncomfortable, discolor over time, and how it's such a waste of money.

    While driving I supposedly look like "granny". According to my sister anyway. I'm not sure if I make a face or what the deal is, but she gets a kick out of it.

    Great post, Nan! This was fun. Hope you enjoy this useless information about me, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nan! I enjoyed reading your "useless" facts :) I was laughing out loud when you said you can't cross your eyes, just one :)
    I unfortunately cannot touch my tongue to my nose - I used to wish I could, but it just doesn't reach all the way.

    I love Christmas music and will listen to is almost 24/7 during the Christmas season.

    I am constantly straightening things in my home because they look crooked (probably a VERY bad habit).

    I.LOVE.SHOES!! My hubby has to pull me away from the shoe stores :)

    Anyway, thanks for your fun post and have a wonderful day, my friend!

    Hugs to you,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nan,
    We have a lot in common.
    -I have a picture on my phone of me. I was laying on my back, which made me look younger. Took me a little while to figure out why I liked the picture.
    -I like blogging too...because I am a homebody and not an extrovert.
    -I used to be a doorchecker. Now my hubby is. But I do it if he is away!
    -I wear a tank top and hoodie year round. Because I don't like to be cold, but am always doing something, so I get hot, and then take off the hoodie...you get the idea!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by today! Please feel free to subscribe to my blog and/or follow me on facebook. The links are at the bottom of each post.

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!