Friday, December 14, 2012

A Day In The Life Of A Sidetracked Blogger, #2


Once upon a time, there was a Sidetracked Blogger.

Oh, never fear - she looked like a fairly normal person.  But underneath all that "normal" was a huge amount of distraction and a little bit of crazy. O.k., maybe a lot of crazy.  With a dollop of "What was I doing?" on the side.

It all started when I was minding my own business and cleaning the microwave.

My son asked me if I would help him find something, because nothing is truly lost until mom can't find it.  Right?  So off I went to help him look.  I get a little competitive when I go looking for something, sort of like a bloodhound on the hunt.  Or maybe a mother who just discovered she hid the chocolate from the kids but now can't remember where she hid it.  I have to find it.......I just have to.

Suddenly I found myself in the hall closet looking through some stuff and decided that I needed to sort things out and give some things away.  I began pulling things out and making piles.  I made quite a mess before I remembered that I was supposed to be doing something else.

We finally found what he was looking for and somehow I ended up in the living room putting away the Christmas decorations that we decided not to use this year, along with the knicknacks that I replaced with the decorations.  So I headed downstairs to put some of the boxes away.

Somehow I acquired a packet of instant oatmeal and so I headed back upstairs to the kitchen to put it away.

As I walked by, I saw a magazine lying around and went to put it away.  The next thing I knew I was sitting down reading it.  Isn't it amazing how a magazine can just leap into your hands and you are totally not responsible for your actions?

Eventually my brainpower kicked in (I DO have some, you know.....) and I walked into the kitchen to put away the oatmeal packet and noticed the microwave door was open and there was a sponge inside.  It was then that I remembered "I'm supposed to be cleaning this!!!!!"

So I started madly cleaning the microwave, with the t.v. blaring away in the background.  The next thing I knew I was watching a Christmas Hallmark movie and I forgot about the microwave.

Eventually a commercial came and I "woke up" out of my Christmas movie coma, and went to wipe up the kitchen sink.   That's when I noticed that there was only one of my rubber gloves lying on the edge of the sink.  So I started looking for the other rubber glove.

I looked in the sink, all around the counters, and I even looked on the floor.  That was when I realized the sad, sad truth. I was wearing the other rubber glove on my hand.  That's why there was only glove in the sink. Because I was wearing the other one.  Sigh.

The commercial was over and I found myself once again back in front of the Hallmark Christmas movie (addictive, aren't they?).  The cleaning long forgotten.

Which is why I find myself still cleaning the microwave at 11:30 at night........


Click here for more of A Day In The Life of A Sidetracked Blogger series.

If you don't want to miss any blog posts, you can follow me or subscribe in your reader or by email.  You   can also find me here on facebook as well!  I'd love to connect with you!

Be sure and come back Monday and link up to the Making Your Home Sing Monday meme!

2 comments:

  1. lol - I have had days like that...Im' glad I'm not alone :)
    Happy weekend, my friend!

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by today! Please feel free to subscribe to my blog and/or follow me on facebook. The links are at the bottom of each post.

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!