Monday, December 5, 2011

Making Your Home Sing: Today You Can Decide To Be Different

Making your home sing Mondays


Welcome to the Making Your Home Sing Monday meme! Every day you are doing something to make your house into a home for yourself and your family (if you have one). My point with each Monday post is, what are you doing or going to do today to make your home sing?

It can be an attitude or an action. Motivation, our attitude, baking, encouraging our husband or children (if we have either one), organization, cleaning, saving money....the opportunities are endless.

Boy, this week went fast!!! Can you believe it's almost Christmas????? I mean seriously, wasn't it just summer yesterday?

I'll bet January, February and March are just going to drag their little monthly tails to make up for Fall going by so fast. I ask you, does that seem fair to you?

The worst months, weather-wise, going so slowly? Day after day of dreary, wet or freezing cold weather?

The way I see it, weather is not the boss of me.

Isn't it funny how what is going on on the outside can affect what goes on on the inside?

Your circumstances aren't the boss of you. Little annoyances aren't the boss of you. That ding dong is not the boss of you (step away from the ding dong......). That grumpy co-worker is not the boss of you. Your BOSS is not the boss of you.

Not the real you, the inside you. The you that decides and makes the choice as to how you are going to handle your response to a situation. You don't have to go it alone either. You have a loving God Who will be there every step of the way.

Today you can decide to smile more than you frown, to laugh more than you cry. Today you can decide to love more than you hate. Today you can decide to be patient more than you're impatient, to listen more than you argue.

Today you can decide to be productive more than you're lazy. Today you can decide to spend more time with your family than you spend on the computer. Today you can decide to be happy more than you're unhappy. Today you can decide to be different.

Will it change your circumstances? Maybe, but probably not. But it will change YOU.

Today is a new day. It's your choice.

What are you doing or going to do today to make your home sing? Please go here for instructions and/or ideas and come back here to link up to join us today! Please do not put your own "Making Your Home Sing Monday" Linky on your blog. As always, please don't forget to link to this post. Also, please don't forgot to leave me a comment!

If you want to use your blog header or profile picture, use the "from the web" button on your right (after you click to link up). If you want to use a picture from your computer use the button on your left (unless the picture is on your blog). Please let me know if you have any problems with linking up.

5 comments:

  1. So very, very true. We alone can choose. We are focusing on JOY in our home this week ... joy that is because of what is in your heart and not in your life. I love this post! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. DEAR Nan,
    yet again you have chosen to go from meddling to preaching. o;-p I'm currently battling the down pull of emotions. from several different reasoning's... thanks for both the reminder and the positive encouragement. God IS using you my friend!!! :->

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nan!

    Yes, fall and the holidays always passes too quickly. January thru May is the longest part of the year. ☺ I get through those months by looking toward the little breaks.

    I love your encouraging reminder to do or be just a little bit more positive than negative. That is so doable! You certainly gave me a boost.

    ♥ Hope

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your post today! It really is about choosing our attitude not letting our attitude define who we will be!

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the third post I've read today that has reminded me that I have a choice - I can choose to be ruled by my circumstances or I can led by God. I can choose faith or fear. I have a choice. Thanks, Nan ~ many blessings!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by today! Please feel free to subscribe to my blog and/or follow me on facebook. The links are at the bottom of each post.

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!