Sunday, November 27, 2011

Making Your Home Sing: A Head-Start On The Holidays

Making your home sing Mondays


Welcome to the Making Your Home Sing Monday meme! Every day you are doing something to make your house into a home for yourself and your family (if you have one). My point with each Monday post is, what are you doing or going to do today to make your home sing?

It can be an attitude or an action. Motivation, our attitude, baking, encouraging our husband or children (if we have either one), organization, cleaning, saving money....the opportunities are endless.

I hope y'all had a lovely Thanksgiving! My oldest boy was on his college break and so he was home for a week. So nice to have both my "babies" in the nest again! In fact, that's the reason why I haven't read all your meme entries from last week. But I'm hoping to catch up soon!

Yesterday it looked like Christmas threw up all over my house. The Fall decorations were on the dining room table, waiting to be put away. Some of the Christmas decorations were out, waiting for someone to put them somewhere, and some were still in their boxes.

My 22 year old was stringing lights and garland all over the railing and his 18 year old brother was trying to put up some decorations and cram in some food all at the same time because isn't that what 18 year old men do?

Their dad was trying to keep the four dogs at bay and prevent them from eating the Christmas tree decorations. We did have one casualty though.

Rosie, on the left, decided to let her brother Qui Que (pronounced Key-Kay) on the right take the fall for it. Two little "angels" trying to look all innocent and "Who, me?" One headless and body-less angel with a story to tell.

One displaced beagle who is wondering why that big tree-interloper took "his" spot in the corner.

One poodle willing to take over the beagle's domain and committed to defending it from all challengers.

Two sweet young men helping to decorate the tree and one husband hiding behind it. These people make my heart happy.

Next weekend we have a bunch of people coming over for the Progressive Dinner. The college-age group is coming over for salad and I'm thinking they'd probably like to be able to sit down. So this week I will be making my home sing by putting away the Christmas boxes and the last of the items left out.

I also have a huge decluttering project in the basement, as my mom is sorting through her boxes of stuff. I will help her with that as well.

By getting my home into shape I will have a head-start on the holidays. What can YOU do to give yourself a head-start this holiday season? Think of one thing you can do and join me in making your home sing this week.

What are you doing or going to do today to make your home sing? Please go here for instructions and/or ideas and come back here to link up to join us today! Please do not put your own "Making Your Home Sing Monday" Linky on your blog. As always, please don't forget to link to this post. Also, please don't forgot to leave me a comment!

If you want to use your blog header or profile picture, use the "from the web" button on your right (after you click to link up). If you want to use a picture from your computer use the button on your left (unless the picture is on your blog). Please let me know if you have any problems with linking up.


10 comments:

  1. So sweet you had some help for your Christmas decorating!!! My oldest daughter (11) helped with wreath making which is a good thing because between remodeling, moving and baby on the way (and a serious lack of creativity on my part) that's the only way it was getting done. :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to hear you had such a nice week with all your men at home. Your tree looks beautiful and I love the dog stories! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun!

    We are cleaning today to make room for our tree to go up. And tonight we are starting our Advent Adventures :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love having the whole family involved in the decorating! We had a fun time decorating this week-end too. Our boys are getting old enough to help daddy with putting up the lights, and my oldest daughter loves helping me figure out where all of the decorations should go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the pictures! Sounds like a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday with the promise of some Christmas cheer coming alive in your home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nan :-D

    I find it very comical that the dogs ate an angel!!! ;-p

    I'm glad that you got to spend time with all three of your guys at the same time!

    I'll be praying for sanity for you as you help your mom sort through this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was a great post as always!!

    I am having trouble linking back to your blog. I also didn't succeed in linking a picture in the thumbnail to my blog.

    I am new at all this so please have patience with me!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This year we had the daughter's boyfriend help set up the tree. It was a nice way to "initiate" him into the family. The nine year old finished decorating all by herself. It's a fun age when they still WANT to help!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Nan!

    I love this photo of your family decorating the tree…what a special and memorable time.

    We also decorated our tree this past weekend…on Saturday evening. Lisa and Adam both worked Saturday morning. (I got the tree set up with all the lights on it on Friday, but was too tired to decorate it that evening.)

    Thanks for all your encouragement! It is always a pleasure to “see” you.

    Hugs~ Hope

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all the pics - so much fun! I really need to clean my house to be ready for the holidays! And I need a big long list to know everything I need to do and remember - I feel kind of lost right now without that.

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by today! Please feel free to subscribe to my blog and/or follow me on facebook. The links are at the bottom of each post.

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!