Tuesday, October 18, 2011

What I Wore Wednesday

Today I am linking up with Lindsey at The Pleated Poppy for her fabulous "What I Wore Wednesday" meme. This meme is designed to give women accountability and encourage them to get out of their daily sweats or pajamas or rut that they're in and document what they wore each day and post it to their blogs.

You guys should try this! Not only is it great for accountability, it can break you of the habit of saving your "good" clothes for anyone except your precious family who sees you in the same t-shirt and jeans/sweats every day. Plus, you can get some fun, creative style ideas (not from here though, sorry but I'm not that cool. Make sure you pop over to the meme itself, lol!)

Wednesday
T-shirt: Who really cares?
Jeans: Old Navy
Bare feet: God

Just keeping it real. This is pretty much what I wore nearly every day before discovering this meme (except Sundays). Endless t-shirts and/or sweatshirts. I was in a rut.

For those that like to know these things, the shirt says "Caution ASL student" both in written English and ASL. I got it when I was learning sign language a few years ago.

There is something incredibly awesome about wearing an old t-shirt and jeans. You are up for anything. Mud wrestling, food fight, getting lost in the wilderness, changing a tire, throwing up on yourself, etc. The opportunities for fun are endless.


Thursday
White tank under: Target
Turquoise hoodie: Goodwill ($2!)
Jeans: Levis 515 bootcut
Tie-Dye Shoes: Keds, thrifted

When I was cooking dinner I put on an apron just in case. Good move. As we started to eat dinner I decided to take the scarf off. Good call as I spilled something down the front of my shirt. What am I? Two?

Does anybody else ever think about what might happen if they're driving and get in a car accident and they roll their car or get jostled around and their scarf wraps around the steering wheel or parking brake or stick shift and they can barely whisper so they can't yell for help and they slowly choke to death, gasping for their last bit of air while wishing they'd taken the scarf off before they put the car in gear because who wants to die for a fashion accessory anyway? Yeah, me neither.

Friday
Black & White striped shirt: Walmart
Black hoodie: Costco?
Jeans: Levis 515 bootcut

This is my new haircut that I got last week. Aren't you thrilled?

I am pretty sure that these next couple of months are going to show me in endless hoodies or cardigans of excitement. I may even totally freak you out and wear a sweater instead, just to shake things up a bit. I live on the edge like that.

Saturday
Brown Mickey tee: Disney
Brown sweater cardi: Costco
Jeans: do you have to ask?

It's a sad day when your toilet looks better in a picture than you do. Sad, sad day, people.

Sunday
Turquoise top: Sam's?
Purple cardi: Eddie Bauer, thrifted
Jeans: Gap
Belt: Walmart

Not sure if purple and turquoise go together but I hear they're dating.

I don't know why but I feel the need to tell you that this is NOT the outfit that I wore to church. I didn't get a picture of it. I hope you can sleep tonight not knowing what I did wear. Because I'm not going to tell you. So there.

Just know that it was absolutely incredible and I looked the best I ever have and I will never, ever, ever top that and I didn't want to desecrate or trivialize the moment by taking a picture of it. Or maybe I just forgot.

Tuesday
Red top: Gap
Black vest: Jennifer Moore, Macy's
jeans: Levis 515 bootcut

Red is not just for Christmas people. By the way, there are only 67 days until Christmas, depending on if you're reading this on the day that I wrote it. You have plenty of time to buy me something but please start now and avoid the rush. Did I mention that I like diamonds?

Please don't feel like you have to buy your husband and children something and buy me something as well. I don't want you to feel like you have to. It's o.k., so don't worry about it. I am sure your husband and kids will understand if you don't buy them anything.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks again for my Wednesday smile. :) I completely understand about wearing jeans and a t-shirt and throwing up on yourself. lol And I'm glad I'm not the only one who spills food down the front of my clothes. Can't say I've ever thought of death by scarf strangulation though. ;)

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by today! Please feel free to subscribe to my blog and/or follow me on facebook. The links are at the bottom of each post.

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!