Tuesday, October 11, 2011

What I Wore Wednesday

Today I am linking up with Lindsey at The Pleated Poppy for her fabulous "What I Wore Wednesday" meme. This meme is designed to give women accountability and encourage them to get out of their daily sweats or pajamas or rut that they're in and document what they wore each day and post it to their blogs.

You guys should try this! Not only is it great for accountability, it can break you of the habit of saving your "good" clothes for anyone except your precious family who sees you in the same t-shirt and jeans/sweats every day. Plus, you can get some fun, creative style ideas (not from here though, sorry but I'm not that cool. Make sure you pop over to the meme itself, lol!)

Wednesday
Red hoodie: Disney outlet
Red shirt under: JCPenney
Jeans: Levis 515 bootcut
Slippers: Macy's, gifted

Pretty sure you really don't care, but the hoodie says "Minnie" across the front.

I could not keep my hand out of the m&m's this day. Why don't vegetables taste as good as chocolate? Does that seem fair to you?

Vegetables taste good, don't get me wrong, but they don't rate up there with chocolate in my book. If they did I would have a chocolate garden like you wouldn't believe.

Thursday
Blue plaid shirt: American Eagle, thrifted
Blue shirt under: JCPenney
Jeans: Gap
Belt: Walmart
Slippers: Macy's, gifted

I'm not sure but sweats or pajamas may be preferable to this outfit. Nothing against American Eagle, it's purely operator error. I have a feeling that my fashion sense (such as it is) is just going to go downhill from here. At least, that's what I'm thinking if my first two outfits this week are an example.

How many of you read the above word "sweats" as "sweets?" Get your mind out of the chocolate gutter and let mine swim by, people.

Saturday
Black turtleneck: JCPenney
Hot Pink Hoodie Coat: Xhilaration, Target
Jeans: Levis 515 bootcut
Pink plaid shoes: Kirra

So far I've been busy and cold and just want to wear a warm blanket all day. I thought of buying an electric blanket with a really long extension cord, but I'm pretty sure the cord would trip me up every time. However, I would love to go from room to room and plug my cord in, just because I could.

Sunday
Brown shirt: Bill Blass
Jeans: Levis 515 Bootcut
Slippers: Macy's, gifted

I wore this shirt to church with light brown slacks, brown boots and a denim jacket, then I changed out of them into the jeans and slippers.

I told you that my fashion style was going downhill. Just remember the camera adds ten pounds. So does eating lots of chocolate m&m's.

Why did I say "chocolate" m&m's? I mean, of course they are chocolate. They wouldn't be m&m's if they weren't chocolate. They'd be Skittles.

Monday
Hoodie: Disney Outlet
Jeans: Levis 515 bootcut

I got my hair cut on this day. How do you like it? Bwahahahaha!

I have several pairs of these jeans. I must admit that I like them. Do you know WHY I like them?

I am lazy.

I don't like having to take my shoes off when I change from my jeans to my workout clothes (running shorts), and back again after I work out. Yes, I am that lazy.

Tuesday
Black top: JcPenney
Purple sweater: Admit One
Jeans: Gap
Belt: Walmart
Necklace: Kohl's
Black boots: Thrifted

You can't really tell that I got a haircut but I did. She gave me some bangs and more layers. I call her The Hair Whisperer.

I have a love/hate relationship with my hair. Sometimes I refuse to speak to my hair until it behaves itself. Twice we broke up and once we even almost got divorced. It apologized at the last minute and I called off the lawyers but it was close, y'all.

My hair is thin and straight, but for some reason I imagine I have thick, wavy, bouncy hair. I imagine my hair and I running in slow motion through a field of flowers.

Then it becomes a problem when I look at myself in the mirror and my hair is just hanging there on my head. Like, well.......hair.

It does not conform to the image that I have of myself. Pretty sure Pantene will not be calling me anytime soon. However, No More Tears may want to give me a call and I have Head & Shoulders on speed dial.

5 comments:

  1. Cute post! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a love/hate relationship with my hair too. Can't wait until next Tuesday when I get it cut and colored. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness you crack me up every week, girl. I love the Tuesday outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make me laugh EVERY time I read your posts :) I am also a fan of the levi 515. Had two pairs last year, sold them in a garage sale this summer when I lost weight... now am sadly gaining back and wish I still had them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mama Hall, I can't post you a comment anywhere so I'll post it here. Thank you for your sweet comment and I loved the Tuesday outfit too!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by today! Please feel free to subscribe to my blog and/or follow me on facebook. The links are at the bottom of each post.

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!