Wednesday, October 5, 2011

What I Wore Wednesday

Today I am linking up with Lindsey at The Pleated Poppy for her fabulous "What I Wore Wednesday" meme. This meme is designed to give women accountability and encourage them to get out of their daily sweats or pajamas or rut that they're in and document what they wore each day and post it to their blogs.

You guys should try this! Not only is it great for accountability, it can break you of the habit of saving your "good" clothes for anyone except your precious family who sees you in the same t-shirt and jeans/sweats every day. Plus, you can get some fun, creative style ideas (not from here though, sorry but I'm not that cool. Make sure you pop over to the meme itself, lol!)

Wednesday
Red top: JCPenney
Jeans: Levis 515 Bootcut
Light Blue hoodie: Gap, thrifted
Slippers: Macy's, gifted

What an exciting outfit. Can you believe you traveled all the way over to my blog just to see that? You wait all week for WIWW and THIS is what you get? Yeah. Sorry. My bad. However if you are looking for some exciting fashion/style ideas you have totally come to the wrong blog. I'm just sayin'........

Thursday
Blue hoodie top: Target
Jean Jacket: Gap, thrifted
Jeans: Levis 515 bootcut
Fake Chucks: Airwalk, thrifted

Oh my favorite jean jacket, how I have missed you! Did you miss me? I am seriously glad that clothes can't talk. Can you imagine what they'd say?

Things such as "Oh no missy, you did not just spill that tomato juice on me. Don't you know that stuff stains?" or "You have GOT to be kidding me if you think that donut is not going straight to your hips."

Or how about "Really. Really? You stuff me in the back of the closet for six months and ignore me and now you think you can come here, smile and expect me to take you back and make you look good? I don't think so, Tim. I saw you with that little black dress last weekend and don't think I didn't."

Imagine this one "You stuff your mouth with chips and donuts and lattes and gain five pounds and suddenly it's MY fault that it won't fit?"

Yeah, I'm glad my clothes don't talk. What would your clothes say?

Friday
Blue shirt: Chaus, Sam's Club
Blue cardi: Gap, thrifted
Jeans: Calvin Klein
Brown/blue plaid shoes: Airwalk
Plaid scarf: ???

I decided I absolutely had to wear a scarf that day. I wanted to wear an Infinity scarf but I don't have one. So I sort of faked it. A rubber band may or may not have been involved.

Saturday
Lime green hoodie: Sag Harbor; thrifted
Hot pink tank under: Costco
Jeans: Gap
Polka dot scarf: Gift
Polka dot boots: Costco, recent

I don't know how well you can see the hood but the inside of the hood is black and white stripes. How fun is that?!

Pretty sure this is polka dot overkill but it was raining and I was cold. My eldest was home from college for the weekend, so we went to Costco for lunch. We like to really live high on the hog when he is home.

Don't ya love Costco? I love to walk around and eat the samples. Don't judge. I could live at Costco. Food, furniture, clothes, towels, sheets, blankets, shoes, books, free food samples, and some Costco stores even sell caskets!

I walked into Costco feeling fine and by the time I left my doze was all stuffbed up and I knewb I hab a code in by doze. Aaaachoooooo! Sorry for all the germs on the keyboard. Please feel free to spray Lysol before you leave.

Sunday
Brown & White sweater: Urban Diva; thrifted
Brown top under: Not sure, Costco?
Jeans: Hydraulic, thrifted
Brown/Blue plaid shoes: Airwalk, thrifted

This is a really bad shot, but I took it late in the day and the lighting sucked. I wore jeans to church again that day.

Before church I made one of "those" decisions. You know the kind I mean. The kind where you debate such important decisions such as "Should we add another child to our family?" or "Should hubby switch jobs?" or "Should we move to another country?" or "What should I make for dinner tonight?" You know, the really important decisions that require months of thinking and prayer and discussion.

So I spent 0.45287 seconds debating and made a major decision and decided to curl my hair that morning before church. By the time I was done with one side I realized that it was not a good idea as it took longer than I thought.

This kind of reminds me of the time I decided to put on fake nails before church......oh my! Good times.

So I had one side of my hair curled and realized I was running out of time. I could go as the two-faced woman, wear a hat, or try a weird side pony, but instead I just decided to curl the other side of my hair.

I debated wearing glasses but decided to pop my contacts in, slap on some makeup (and I DO mean slap), brush my hair out real quick, and ran to get dressed.

Jeans are great when you're in a hurry, because you only have to really only pick what you're going to wear on the top half. It's not like you have to agonize about what to "match" with the jeans.

Monday
Striped shirt: Target
Jeans: Levis 515 bootcut
Purple sweater: Op
Slippers: Macy's, gifted

Um......yeah.......I always feel like a rebel whenever I wear something other than boots with my bootcut jeans. It's like coloring outside the lines or ordering a Big Mac at Wendy's or a Frosty at McDonald's. I live on the edge like that.

Sometimes I wonder if the Bootcut Police are out there looking for me. I mean, it does say "Bootcut" on the label. So clearly the intention is that you wear them with boots. I just like to be a rebel and wear them with slippers or tennis shoes or *GASP!* flip flops.

So it's a good thing that my face is hidden behind the camera or you would probably see my picture plastered all over the post office, or don't they do that anymore?

If you do see the Bootcut Police please tell them to wait their turn, the "Don't remove this tag" pillow people want to interrogate me first.

Tuesday
Black top: JCPenney
Periwinkle vest: Don't remember
Jeans: Calvin Klein

I totally forgot I had this vest. I was hanging my coat in the closet and just happened to glance around and saw this vest. It was like Christmas or Happy Birthday to me!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh you are so hilarious! No, no I don't want to hear what my clothes would say to me. I have enough insecurities as it is ;)

    Love your outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for my Wednesday smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that polka dot scarf and that brown and white sweater is great too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are too funny!!! It was lots of fun to read through your post and look at your cute outfits. The infinity scarf and rubberband made me LOL :) Cute style, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always enjoy reading your posts lol :) I think my clothes would say "seriously, your going to wear this again?!"

    And I'm loving that cute little green sweater with the black and white hood (never seen that before!):)

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by today! Please feel free to subscribe to my blog and/or follow me on facebook. The links are at the bottom of each post.

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!