Monday, October 3, 2011

Making Your Home Sing: Go To Bed, People!

Making your home sing Mondays

Welcome to the Making Your Home Sing Monday meme! Every day you are doing something to make your house into a home for yourself and your family (if you have one). My point with each Monday post is, what are you doing or going to do today to make your home sing?

It can be an attitude or an action. Motivation, our attitude, baking, encouraging our husband or children (if we have either one), organization, cleaning, saving money....the opportunities are endless.

Oooooops! I forgot to get this link up. For that matter, I forgot all about MYHSM. Sorry!

My oldest came home for the weekend. He goes to college out of state, and occasionally he will drive home for a visit. I love having him home!

I decided to make him several different freezer meals so that he could stock his freezer and not have to cook as much. I sent him home with about three weeks worth of food. He's been working more hours a week than usual and carrying a full load at school and frankly, I don't know when he sleeps.

Neither does he. College students, can't live with 'em, can't sit on them and force them to sleep.

This got me to thinking: When you are busy with your home and family and need more time, what is the first thing that you sacrifice? Your sleep?

When you didn't get everything done that needed to be done that day, what do you do?

When you feel stressed at the end of your day and feel like you need more time to just relax and "chill," where do you get that time? Do you borrow from the next day in order to have more time the night before?

Are you sacrificing your sleep for fun? Are you sacrificing your health for just one more load of laundry? Are you sacrificing a peaceful, happy you the next morning for just one more hour on the computer or just one more t.v. show the night before?

Sometimes I have a hard time putting a good book down. Other times I will hop on Pinterest or my Google Reader or Facebook or something and before you know it, an hour has gone by.

Go to bed, people, and make your home sing this week! An occasional late night is not going to do you in, but continually staying up late and getting up early is probably going to affect your attitude, patience, and temper, not to mention how you interact with your family and others. Do you really need to add more stress to your life by suffering from a lack of sleep? See you in Dreamland!

What are you doing or going to do today to make your home sing? Please go here for instructions and/or ideas and come back here to link up to join us today! Please do not put your own "Making Your Home Sing Monday" Linky on your blog. As always, please don't forget to link to this post. Also, please don't forgot to leave me a comment!

If you want to use your blog header or profile picture, use the "from the web" button on your right (after you click to link up). If you want to use a picture from your computer use the button on your left (unless the picture is on your blog). Please let me know if you have any problems with linking up.

7 comments:

  1. My hubby started his new shift yesterday so you won't believe what time we went to bed last night? 8:30! Actually I was in bed at 8 but read a little to make me tired. But guess what time I woke up this morning? LOL! 4:30am! So I guess it evens out.
    Have a great day my friend. What day is it any way? Ha! Ha!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got worried when I didn't see this up last night and almost emailed you! How nice of your son to come visit, that must warm your heart. You are such an awesome mama making him all those meals :)

    I definitely borrow sleep time when I need to do one more load of laundry, finish a good chapter or even just when I need a couple of minutes of silence. Does that make sense? I feel with two little ones I'm always go-go-go and the time between their bedtime and mine can be very relaxing. However with our new school schedule I have been going to bed earlier and I'm loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry I left two links to the same page. I thought my first try didn't work. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really needed this reminder! Every night, I know I need to go to bed earlier, but these things often distract me. Thanks for some great encouragement for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to take this advice for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, THANK you for this post! I'm notorious for over extending myself and paying dearly for it (or, my family does!).

    You're right: it is NOT worth it to sacrifice our health or our sanctification for a few more hours of getting things done.

    Thank you very much for the timely reminder.

    Kristy @ Little Natural Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  7. Read an article this week linking too little sleep (AND too MUCH sleep ... didn't know there was such a thing!) to weight gain, fatigue, and a few other issues. So I'm doubling my efforts to be consistent in my sleep.

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by today! Please feel free to subscribe to my blog and/or follow me on facebook. The links are at the bottom of each post.

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!