Wednesday, October 26, 2011

*Cough* *Wheeze* *Hack* *Sniff*

As I mentioned earlier in the week, I have a cold. I am personally offended.

Cough syrup sucks. It really, really sucks.

You can't take cough syrup without gagging and having your head swivel around 360 degrees. It's that bad.

I mean, I understand the whole "make it taste bad because it's medicine" idea. Assuming that IS the idea behind the reason it tastes so bad.

But does it really have to taste that bad?

Couldn't it taste like vegetables instead? That wouldn't be so bad. It's not like I'm asking to have it taste like ice cream. Or chocolate.

Maybe I'm just taking the wrong kind of cough syrup. Somebody told me that you can get cough syrup in a capsule form. Hmmm, who knew? (Well, she did.)

Still, I'd rather gag down some cough syrup than hack up a lung. Wouldn't you?

Have you noticed how a well-placed comma and a single letter change can make a difference? Read it again:

Still, I'd rather gag down some cough syrup, then hack up a lung.

Wouldn't you?

If you don't get this please look up the difference between "than" and "then," sooner rather than then. (Sorry, couldn't resist)

5 comments:

  1. I sure hope you feel better my friend. I haven't had cough syrup in many years so I am no help to you. We always kick our colds by drinking garlic tea, which it seems might taste better than cough syrup! LOL!

    HUGS
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cough syrup in capsule form is a life saver. Hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you still aren't feeling well. :( At least you still have your wonderful sense of humor. =) Saying a prayer for you right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. After reading this blog, I think I better disinfect my keyboard. Would sure hate to catch that cold. :)

    Hope you heal quickly....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nan, after reading the comment you just left on my post at Woman to Woman, all I have to say is, "preach it, sister!" lol :)

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by today! Please feel free to subscribe to my blog and/or follow me on facebook. The links are at the bottom of each post.

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!