Sunday, January 23, 2011

Making Your Home Sing This Week: The Storm Is Not You

Making your home sing Mondays

Welcome to the Making Your Home Sing Monday meme! Every day you are doing something to make your house into a home for yourself and your family (if you have one). My point with each Monday post is, what are you doing or going to do today to make your home sing?

It can be an attitude or an action. Motivation, our attitude, baking, encouraging our husband or children (if we have either one), organization, cleaning, saving money....the opportunities are endless.

I'm not trying to rush anybody or anything but I can't believe that January is nearly gone. I mean, seriously?

I love a lot of light which is fortunate because we have a lot of windows, especially in the living room. Yesterday I was looking out the window walls and I just had to call my son to come look.

It was January and yet you wouldn't know it by the weather. The sun was streaming in and it was beautiful. I said to my son "Just think, soon it will be spring and summer and it will look like that all the time." Well, all the time except for the rain.

Sometimes we have "rain" in our lives and we forget that it's helping us to grow. Sometimes we have rain and we get mad and we storm and we rage and we forget that we don't have to live in the rain.

We forget that we can live inside, where it is always sunny and warm and bright. We forget that we can live inside where our families are, and make beautiful memories, hold and snuggle with our babies, and hear our children laugh and make our husbands smile.

We forget that we don't have to live in the rain.

Are YOU living in the rain this week? If you are, come in from the cold. Come in from the constant, wet rain that dampens your heart and puts weights on your feet and makes you feel cold inside.

Make the choice to let the rain do its job, knowing that the beauty of springtime is right around the corner. The storm may rage but the storm is not you. You don't have to rage.

When I was a teenager I wrote:

As I'm walking through the rain
I've got the sun behind me and the rainbow before me.

Keep walking. Don't stop.

You've got the sun (Son) behind you and the rainbow (God's promises) before you.

Remember that you don't have to live in the rain. The storm may rage but you don't have to live in the storm. Come inside.

What are you doing or going to do today to make your home sing? Please go here for instructions and/or ideas and come back here to link up to join us today! Please do not put your own "Making Your Home Sing Monday" Linky on your blog. As always, please don't forget to link to this post. Also, please don't forgot to leave me a comment!

If you want to use your blog header or profile picture, use the "from the web" button on your right (after you click to link up). If you want to use a picture from your computer use the button on your left (unless the picture is on your blog). Please let me know if you have any problems with linking up.



8 comments:

  1. Beautiful thoughts! We, too, were thrilled with the January sunshine,and they say more is on the way. I went outside and weeded for two hours. It is cheaper than therapy. I was needing some time in the SUN with the SON!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, sister!!! :D It is so easy to let the bad weather have an affect on our moods...I have to really be careful with this one myself. I love your reference to the "Son"shine always being with us! :D

    When we let the "Son"shine through our moods, our words, our actions in these wintery days...we can't help but make our homes sing!!!

    Great job!!! Great reminder! Thank you!!!

    Building Home with Him,

    Mary Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post today! One that I really needed to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your posts... they seem to always come at the right time. This week I'm going to repeat this as my mantra "Keep walking. Don't stop." :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. DEAR Nan, THANK-YOU!!! The Lord used your words in my heart this morning! What a blessing you are my friend!
    Sometimes it's not just the rain in the weather either ...
    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your words of encouragement! And for hosting this fun meme.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "You don't have to live in the storm"...a wonderful thought! Thanks for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Nan! I have been following your blog for some time now, and have enjoyed your adventures. I am featuring your blog on my "A Shining Blog" this week. Thank you for all you share and doing it with so much flare. =)

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by today! Please feel free to subscribe to my blog and/or follow me on facebook. The links are at the bottom of each post.

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!