Sunday, December 19, 2010

Making Your Home Sing Monday

Making your home sing Mondays

Welcome to the Making Your Home Sing Monday meme! Every day you are doing something to make your house into a home for yourself and your family (if you have one). My point with each Monday post is, what are you doing or going to do today to make your home sing?

It can be an attitude or an action. Motivation, our attitude, baking, encouraging our husband or children (if we have either one), organization, cleaning, saving money....the opportunities are endless.

Pretty sure you are all busy! I know I am. I went to the mall to get something for my hubby and parked about a million miles away. First I found something I liked but the size was wrong. Then the size was perfect but I didn't like the color. Then the color and size were good, but the fabric was all wrong. I finally found something that I liked and would work.

I waited in a very long line and finally became the second in line. There was a woman who was in the front of the line. The clerk finally finished with her last customer and so this woman was next. The clerk turned to ask someone a question before taking her next customer.

However, the woman in front on me had waited long enough and wasn't waiting any longer, I guess. She just set her stuff down and walked away. Within a minute the clerk was back at her post and able to wait on me.

Had that woman been able to wait a minute more, she would have been able to get what she wanted.

How soon is too soon to give up? How long is too long to wait?

Sometimes there are things we are hoping for and praying for that never come because God, in His Sovereignty, has something else planned. But we know that we can trust Him to do what is best.

But sometimes, we just have to wait awhile. Sometimes we just have to be patient. Sometimes we must wait and not give up, not lose hope. Just because we don't see evidence of Him working doesn't mean that He isn't. We don't have to understand everything that He is doing in order to be blessed by it.

Long ago, God made a promise. In His time, that promise because a reality when God sent His Son Jesus, to be the Savior of the world. A tiny baby in a lowly manger was the answer, the Hope that had been long awaited.

This week, I will be getting ready to celebrate His birth with my family. I don't know if I'll be blogging again, but if I don't, please have a very merry Christmas!

If you want to use your blog header or profile picture, use the "from the web" button on your right (after you click to link up). If you want to use a picture from your computer use the button on your left (unless the picture is on your blog). Please let me know if you have any problems with linking up.

What are you doing or going to do today to make your home sing? Please go here for instructions and/or ideas and come back here to link up to join us today! Please do not put your own "Making Your Home Sing Monday" Linky on your blog. As always, please don't forget to link to this post. Also, please don't forgot to leave me a comment!

6 comments:

  1. Sigh...what a great question! How long to wait. God has His own timing and we never know when He will answer...praying through difficulties and decisions and asking God for peace while I wait helps me a lot.

    Sometimes I think the process of waiting helps prepare us for His answer...at least that's how it is with me sometimes. :D

    I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas week! Blogging after the kids are in bed is one of the ways that I keep my sanity so I will be posting through Thursday this week. I've prepared a couple in advance so that helps as well.

    You enjoy your time off from blogging! You deserve it! Enjoy your family! :D

    Blessings!

    Mary Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a GREAT reminder this week!! God is so patient with us, it's the least we could do to return the favor and be patient with Him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God's timing isn't always our timing. What a difficult lesson to learn!

    Blessings to you my friend!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good words of wisdom. Waiting isn't easy, but we must remember that God knows best. He is definitely worth trusting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! I'm visiting my followers today to wish them all a Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year from Homemaker Honey!

    Deborah
    Homemaker Honey
    homemakerhoney.com
    homemakerhoney @gmail .com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great question. Sometimes you do have to say enough, and move on.

    Thanks for your visit and kind comments. I'd love to have you join us in Seasonal Sundays. It seems that January is the season for organizing and cleaning up, after the holidays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by today! Please feel free to subscribe to my blog and/or follow me on facebook. The links are at the bottom of each post.

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!