Sunday, December 12, 2010

Making Your Home Sing: Time Is Passing

Making your home sing Mondays

Welcome to the Making Your Home Sing Monday meme! Every day you are doing something to make your house into a home for yourself and your family (if you have one). My point with each Monday post is, what are you doing or going to do today to make your home sing?

It can be an attitude or an action. Motivation, our attitude, baking, encouraging our husband or children (if we have either one), organization, cleaning, saving money....the opportunities are endless.

Can you believe that Christmas is almost here? Me neither. It seems like just yesterday it was summer and I was wearing flip flops.

People still wear flip flops around here, even when it's raining. Shorts and flip flops. I've even seen people wearing shorts when there is snow on the ground, although I haven't noticed any flip flops. Doesn't mean someone's not out there wearing them though. Such a rebel!

Last weekend we were walking around The Lloyd Center and I stopped and watched the people ice skating. I love watching people ice skate. It just seems so winter-y and reminds me of laughing people, a warm fire and hot chocolate with marshmallows.

I have been sick this week and so haven't been blogging. However, this is the season of Hallmark Christmas movies and other old favorite movies, such as White Christmas or It's A Wonderful Life.

I have also curled up in front of dvd's of when my children were little. Oh my! What precious times those were, and they disappeared way to fast. Now my oldest is in college and my youngest will be graduating from high school this year.

I also enjoyed seeing videos of my dad again. Now I only get to see him in pictures, or hear his voice on dvd since he went Home to the Lord three years ago. I am so thankful for the videos that we have of both him and my children.

This week my oldest returns from college for his Christmas break and I imagine I will eventually be feeling better because I don't plan on making a career of not feeling well.

So I plan on making my home sing by enjoying my precious family and treasuring our time together these next few weeks, which will be all to short before our oldest returns to school. I will also toss in a Christmas movie or two while I'm lying around here waiting to feel better. Life is good!

I hope you will make your home sing this week by making some memories that you can put away in your heart for the time is passing all too quickly!

If you want to use your blog header or profile picture, use the "from the web" button on your right (after you click to link up). If you want to use a picture from your computer use the button on your left (unless the picture is on your blog). Please let me know if you have any problems with linking up.

What are you doing or going to do today to make your home sing? Please go here for instructions and/or ideas and come back here to link up to join us today! Please do not put your own "Making Your Home Sing Monday" Linky on your blog. As always, please don't forget to link to this post. Also, please don't forgot to leave me a comment!

10 comments:

  1. What a great reminder to make some memories this Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. booohooo! These kinds of posts make me so sad! But I'm glad to read them because it makes me appreciate the time I have with my baby, even if she is going through the terrible twos! lol
    Love you...hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true - we make our homes sing when we truly treasure these amazing blessings God has given us. Thanks for this wonderful reminder!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! I spent the entire day today enjoying my family...snuggling and watching movies with the little ones...playing some games, finishing decorating our Christmas tree and a few other areas of the house as a family...talking about memories with ornaments...having family worship at home this morning because we got snowed in...making a favorite meal for dinner and watching more Christmas movies while sewing for them. :D All in all...a perfect day!

    I love it when it snows and everyone slows down and enjoys the simple pleasures of being together.

    Thanks for this post today! I am praying you feel better soon!

    Blessings!

    Mary Joy

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great time of year. I love it! We are home here on Fidalgo Island and I am loving it. Rain and all.

    I always have to watch It's A Wonderful Life and the old cartoon version of the Grinch ;)

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, for us it WAS just summer! LOL Seriously though - it was 65 last week!!

    White Christmas is one of my favorite Christmas movies. Something about Danny Kaye . . .

    We lost my Grandpa this May, so I can imagine what you must feel thinking about your dad. It's going to be rough going this year - it has been ever since Halloween. But it's such a comfort to have those memories and to know that he IS up in heaven!

    Thanks for the wonderful post today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Time does go so fast, and it is wonderful to make memories with our children to cherish always.

    I like watching ice skaters glide across the ice as well. (Most likely since I can't glide. Well, does gliding across the ice on my bottom count? lol)

    Thanks for hosting this link up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Nan, so sorry to hear your not doing too good!!!

    My vertigo has been acting up more than it had been so I can totally relate to not being as active!

    May the time with your own little family all home again go smoothly and be filed with the making of wonderful new memories!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can hardly wait to check out everyone's posts. Thanks so much for the beautiful reminder to make memories this season.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are enjoying Christmas movies today! :)

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by today! Please feel free to subscribe to my blog and/or follow me on facebook. The links are at the bottom of each post.

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!