Sunday, June 20, 2010

MAKING YOUR HOME SING:PUT A SMILE ON YOUR FACE

Making your home sing Mondays




Welcome to the Making Your Home Sing Monday meme! Every day you are doing something to make your house into a home for yourself and your family (if you have one). My point with each Monday post is, what are you doing or going to do today to make your home sing?

It can be an attitude or an action. Motivation, our attitude, baking, encouraging our husband or children (if we have either one), organization, cleaning, saving money....the opportunities are endless.

When was the last time you smiled? When was the last time you laughed? When was the last time you frowned or grumbled or complained as you went about your home duties? Are people surprised when they see a frown on your face? Are they surprised when they see a smile?

As a wife and a mom, I know that sometimes we can take our home duties so seriously. Sometimes we can be so "job" oriented that we forget to be "wife" or "mom" oriented. We can get all stressed about getting things done that we forget about who we're doing it for. We forget to enjoy our homes and our families.

Are your words seasoned with love or do you mostly snap and grumble at your family? Do you complain about all the laundry they make or the fact that you have to make dinner again? Do you find yourself whining and nagging and complaining more than you'd like?

Have you ever timed yourself doing a much disliked chore? Some people can't stand emptying the dishwasher. Have you ever timed that? It's a piece of cake time-wise! You can stand anything for that length of time, can't you?

Do you think your attitude is important? Do you think your attitude affects how you view things? Does your attitude affect your actions? We can choose our attitude, you know. We can choose to be happy, and we can choose contentment. It's not easy, but it's a choice we can make.

There is always that one child who is prone to spilling their milk at dinner time (*cough* that was me *cough). They are a milk magnet. There is always that child who tracks in dirt right after you mopped the floor. There is always that husband who will forget to call you when they're going to be late.

We don't have to let the unexpected ruin our entire day. We don't have to approach each day so seriously that we take all the joy out of it for everyone, including ourselves. We don't have to take every snag or interruption so personally.

Let's take joy in our home and our families. Put a smile on your face. If you don't feel it, do it anyway. Fake it till you make it. Smile at your husband, at your children, at your coworkers, at your boss. Put a smile in your voice, in your eyes, in your heart and make your home sing this week!


10 comments:

  1. :o) :o)
    I whole heartedly agree! What a difference a smile and a laugh makes :o)

    Blessings & Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked how you said, "Put a smile in your voice." I need to do that more often. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your posts always make me think and improve- thank you!

    I used to train my employees to always smile when answering the phone... it helps the person on the other line if they think you are happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. were you writing to me??? I have not been happy about the millions of loads of laundry lately...and well ya
    Linked in today...thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the laugh lines to prove that I spend the majority of my waking hours with a goofy smile on my face. LOL! Not to say I never get mad but for the most part, I'm a nut! I love to be joyful because it spreads throughout the family and days just seem brighter when everyone is in harmony.
    Thought I'm not smiling while doing the Shred. LOL!
    Love ya!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ouch!! my toes hurt! Uhhhgg!

    no no, I mean ***Smile***!

    I am going to work at this. Thank you for this post. for this rememinder.

    Dani JOy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Nan :-)

    chuckle, chuckle, seeings how you wrote about one of the subjects which often puts me up on my proverbial 'soap box', I think I could act as though I was copying your husbands preaching style this week o;-p

    Putting a smile on your face affects your attitude. Yes, I said it, that word that we're often talking about with our children.

    The thing is, it applies to adults too. A smile on your face and in your voice makes a HUGE difference in your home!!
    And in the work place.
    And at family gatherings.
    And at church.
    And to the pharmacist.
    And to the person whom is on the end of the phone line handling your complaint call - hey, THEY aren't the ones that made those stupid rules!!!
    And to ... the world.

    Hoping your feeling somewhat better ....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for your prayers, encouragement, and support.
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  9. I sure am glad when someone or something makes me laugh when I'm grumpy.
    It's a good lesson to learn to not let one thing ruin your whole day.
    Smiles & kind words are always good medicne too.

    Glad you're feeling better. It'll take time as you already know. hang in there & you'll remain in my prayers.
    Hope your mom is doing okay now too,
    Nannette

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by today! Please feel free to subscribe to my blog and/or follow me on facebook. The links are at the bottom of each post.

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!