Sunday, June 6, 2010

MAKING YOUR HOME SING: WHEN YOU'VE BEEN BENCHED

Making your home sing Mondays




Welcome to the Making Your Home Sing Monday meme! Every day you are doing something to make your house into a home for yourself and your family (if you have one). My point with each Monday post is, what are you doing or going to do today to make your home sing?

It can be an attitude or an action. Motivation, our attitude, baking, encouraging our husband or children (if we have either one), organization, cleaning, saving money....the opportunities are endless.

Do you guys ever find yourself not mentioning things on your blog because you feel like people won't believe you and that you're just making stuff up for attention?

I mean, I know that you would believe me, but sometimes I just don't mention ongoing stuff because, you know, you have a stressful week and it sounds as if your life is a soap opera? I'll bet you all have days or weeks like that, right? And also, if you do complain it does sound like you want attention.

So I'm not complaining and I don't want your sympathy as things are o.k., but I will tell you two things that are going on to explain my absence.

First, my mom has been ill and has been in and out of the hospital lately. She is back in the hospital again. I am concerned about her but know she is in God's hands and she is breathing soooo much better now. However, I would love your prayers as she seems to be in and out of it every few weeks lately.

Also, I injured my back last week. I think I did it by an evil exercise or by lifting a heavy item improperly. Yes, I knew I should have waited for someone else, and I know I should have bent with the knees but I didn't want to.

By Wednesday I was in severe pain and throwing up because it hurt so bad. I couldn't stand, walk or sit without pain, and was having some muscle spasms. Thank the Lord for pain killers (and doctors)! I have a severely sprained back muscle and muscle spasms that pushed my spine into a curve (or something like that the doctor said). The doctor said it'll straighten back out again so no big deal.

Anyway, it's no big deal except that I am on "light activity" and having to have therapy for the next 4-6 weeks. I am hoping that maybe they'll teach me what to do and let me do it at home, instead of going to a doctor's office a couple of times a week.

So, consequently I really haven't felt much like blogging. When the pain meds kick in I am feeling less pain but kind of tired and in a fog. When the pain meds are wearing off, I don't feel like blogging.

So, this is my life as of today. I have been "benched" and can't play in the game for a bit.

I am having to easy up on my summer cleaning frenzy as I am not supposed to do heavy lifting or bending or twisting for a bit.

However, there are lots of things I can do! So, I plan on making my home sing this week by making some menu plans, and doing some light cleaning so that things don't fall apart around here. I am also aware that God is in this, and that for now He is telling me to slow down. I also have a family that is more than willing to bend, twist or lift for me!

There are lots of people out there that live in constant pain, whether it's physical or emotional. This is just a temporary setback for me and I'll be back to "normal" soon. But there are many people out there who have to live with chronic pain and they need our prayer and our support. If you know someone who is, I encourage you to give them a call or send a card today and make their heart sing this week just by letting them know that you care.

What are you doing or going to do today to make your home sing? Please go here for instructions and/or ideas and come back here to link up to join us today! Please do not put your own Making Your Home Sing Monday MckLinky on your blog. As always, please don't forget to link to this post. Also, please don't forgot to leave me a comment!


26 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear of your back pain. I can relate and hope you are feeling better very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry about us thinking you're whining...cuz we would never think that! But I must admit that I go through the same thing. That's one reason why I don't write much on my sahmbie blog very much because it truly just starts to sound like a big ol' whine fest! And to be honest, I depress myself! LOL

    But I will definitely be praying for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you and your mom, Nan. You definitely don't sound like you are complaining. We are all human and have things that happen to us in life.

    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you and your mom both get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will definitely keep you both in my prayers... feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you feel better soon! Will pray for both you and your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheryl and I were just talking about you at church yesterday.We are hoping for a speeding recovery for you and your Momma!

    Love you sweet sister.
    HUGS
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you feel better real soon! Thanks for showing us ways to make the house sing and take it easy. To be honest I might have to just use those tips on one of my slow days lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Will be praying for your Mom (and for a quick recovery for your back!) I applaud you for finding a way to "make your home sing" in the midst of this setback. Hope you have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I understand hectic weeks - I've had a few of my own these past few weeks!! Praying for you and your mom. Get better!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I winged a prayer up for you all. I know how it feels to have your back out.I have done that....yup...I have lifted things wrong and not waited to help ect. I had a job for quite some time that involved a lot of lifting of people. I ended up getting my pelvis tilted from all this lifting and the kind of exercising I was doing. So it made my SI joint do weird things. I had extreem problems for over a year and could hardly walk! But the PT really made a difference once they figured out my problem. Now I can do everything (almost) ...I just have to be careful and do my stretches. So I know how it is to feel in such pain. God knows how to slow us down, doesn't he! I see you are using this time for profit however! God bless you and your day....Love your blog!

    Oh, my post for this making your home sing is at my spindlecottage blog (I have more than one blog).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nan, as soon as you get over the major pain, you should try going to a massage therapist. I have always had frequent problems with neck/shoulder/upper back spasms. I were horrible. I began going to the MT on a regular basis, and she has made a world of difference for me!

    Of course, I know your pain is due to the injury. However, massage can help with the spasms. Just a thought.

    How am I making my home sing today?? Well, I have dinner cooking in the crockpot! It smells wonnnnderful, and my guys always like to come home to wonderful aromas coming from the kitchen!

    Praying for you and your mother. Behave yourself, listen to your doctor, and allow your family to pamper you a little!

    Gentle hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. "I were horrible"???? Sheesh...I meant to say THEY were horrible. I'm not on drugs, yet you type so much better than I! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nan, I totally know what you mean about thinking of those who are in constant pain. We have a lady and her daughter in our church who are suffering from a degenerative disease. It´s hard for them to do normal things that I take for granted. I visit them as often as I can.
    I so hope your pain will subside soon. Praise the Lord for pain meds is right. When it´s mandatory of course. jeje
    I am finally linking up again and also wanting to join in on the cleaning frenzy. Thanks for the accountability.
    Big gentle hug
    Dani Joy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Definitely not complaining to share your needs with all of us and ask for prayer. We're only too happy to provide it. Lifting you both up in prayer as I write this.


    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Nan, hate to hear about the back and your mom. Will pray for the two of you. Been there, done that, with the back thing. Those back spasms are enough to keep ya from ever wanting to bend again!! I had them for a whole month, so I know how that is like. Take it easy while you can, and just rest. Hope you are better soon.

    Blessings and Prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So glad that I have found your blog! I will be joining you on Mondays!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sorry about your back pain! Don't worry about the soap opera--we all live it. It's better just to blog and feel better about it, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I do appreciate you stopping by! I can draw you a baby elephant - have you ever watched the John Wayne movie, "Hatari". Would make you laugh!
    Sure hope you heal quickly!
    God Bless,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  20. I do appreciate you stopping by! I can draw you a baby elephant - have you ever watched the John Wayne movie, "Hatari". Would make you laugh!
    Sure hope you heal quickly!
    God Bless,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  21. I hope your back pain is all BEHIND you real soon and I am praying for your mom, I know how that is when they are sick and in and out of the hospital or ER. Take care Nan, I will be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  22. hello! appreciate you stopping by again. I remember using a card file system many years ago!
    I think they're here somewhere! We do try to make the drudgery palatable!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  23. i hope your back pain eases up soon. so glad it's not your gall bladder like I suspected earlier.

    I guess I'm making my home sing this week by unpacking! there are boxes and tubs and bags of stuff everywhere as our two homes become one. Merging, purging...workin hard everyday, but it'll get there.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  24. Praying for you all. I know it can be hard to be benched, I have felt your whine. After having surgery this year I felt like things would never get back to normal!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I hope you feel better soon. You are so encouraging.

    ReplyDelete
  26. We are all human and have things that happen to us in life.
    PPC Advertising India

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by today! Please feel free to subscribe to my blog and/or follow me on facebook. The links are at the bottom of each post.

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!