Sunday, March 28, 2010

MAKING YOUR HOME SING MONDAY

Making your home sing Mondays

Welcome to the Making Your Home Sing Monday meme! Every day you are doing something to make your house into a home for yourself and your family (if you have one). My point with each Monday post is, what are you doing or going to do today to make your home sing?

It can be an attitude or an action. Motivation, our attitude, baking, encouraging our husband or children (if we have either one), organization, cleaning, saving money....the opportunities are endless.

Hope y'all had a great weekend! Can you believe it's nearly April? Me neither. Woohoo, bring on the summer.

As I mentioned before, I have been sick, and with two hospital visits in one week I have been laying somewhat low when I need to. However, I have been feeling lots better and most times feel like my old self again. Then there are days like today when I have moments where I don't feel well again. This has been going on since August so I know it'll pass and I'll be feeling better later.

However, this means I need to "listen" to my body. How many times do we, as women, ignore what our body says and "git 'er done?" I don't know about you, but I will almost always clean up my kitchen. Even if I have a cold or the stomach flu, I will drag myself out there and clean the sink and counters. My family will do if, but I don't want to wait until they get to it, so I will usually do it myself.

I'll bet you all have one chore that you will absolutely do, whether you feel like it or not. I know one gal who had back surgery, but she couldn't stand the fact that the laundry was not folded. So she laid on her back and folded a whole pile of laundry.

This week I don't have any big plans. I am going to do what I can do when I can do it, and not worry about the rest. It'll keep. I also probably won't be on the computer much, so please forgive me if I don't get to your blogs or respond to your comments. I do so appreciate hearing from you!

I do miss you all but I am just taking it easy, you know? If I can, I will try and pop over to your meme links but it may take me a few days to get there. Have a great week and don't forget to make your home sing!

What are you doing or going to do today to make your home sing? Please go here for instructions and/or ideas and come back here to link up to join us today! Please do not put your own Making Your Home Sing Monday Linky on your blog. As always, please don't forget to link to this post. Also, please don't forgot to leave me a comment!

23 comments:

  1. Hope you are back at full strength soon! I know that it can be difficult to see things piling up around you, but I'm glad you are taking care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do get the rest you need! We appreciate you being concerned with us! You're a great bloggin' friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nan,
    I have an urgent prayer request on arise 2 write.
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do what you need to do to get better!

    Sending hugs and prayers your way.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't worry about us! You take care of yourself! I'll be praying for you this week.

    Smooches Sis.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm terrible about not listening my body and I will do work around the house whether I feel like it or not because it wouldn't get done otherwise. I'm trying to be better about slowing down when I need to.

    Hope you feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you are feeling better soon! I often go to bed with the house not picked up. It's just easier that way. I enjoy getting organized in the morning. Odd but true.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling well. It can be frustrating to not be able to take care of your family, I know. Get lots of rest. You are in my thoughts and prayers, Nan.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I'm so sorry you're not feeling well :o( I hope it's all better really soon. You go get some rest.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Praying that you are on your way to a full recovery....you are so right about being a mom and just pushing forward regardless of what/how we are feeling.

    Sometimes you just need that one day to make your home sing by simply doing nothing and taking care of yourself, period.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you're feeling better very soon, Nan. Until then, get the rest that you need to be well. I'm sure that your home will keep humming along...
    Grandmother Wren

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Lord gave our bodies "voices" for a reason. Then again he gave us the 'drive to get things done' too. The challenge we have is in combining them!!!

    A favorite saying of mine use to be, "I wish my children were half as patient as the housework is". o;-p

    I just read this under the twitter postings down your side bar - "If I eat a donut standing up, then all the calories will fall down to my feet, right? Then all I need to buy is bigger shoes..... 36 days ago" Go see Bakerella's latest post and you'll get why it hit me so funny!!!

    May the Lord continue to give your doctors insight and answers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am doing the lovedare challenge and it has been wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you are feeling better....Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Prayers said for a full and speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hope you feel all better soon. You are right, us mommies ignore so much what out bodies are telling us...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Feel better! Unplug and take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Goodness! Sorry to hear that you have not been feeling well! Hope you are feeling better each day!

    Rest, rest, rest! And stay hydrated, dear friend!

    Blessings & Aloha!
    (I have been out of town so am just now catching up on blog reading! Yay for a mid week day off! have to catch up on housecleaning and drawing orders too...If you get a chance, do come by :o) but...no pressure of course!)

    ReplyDelete
  19. You know the cleaning will be waiting for you unless the men get 'er done for ya.

    Hope that you'll have answers soon on your health issues. Take care and rest of course.

    Happy Resurrection Day!
    Nannette

    ReplyDelete
  20. You poor thing. I had no idea you've been sick Nan. (((hugs)))

    I pray you'll feel 100% ASAP.

    I don't think there is a chore that I feel I MUST do, but I know when I had back problems, I made up our bed (for years) on my knees. Ha. True. 1) God healed my back (hallelujah), 2) We have a taller bed now. :o)

    Hugs & prayers,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hope you are feeling better this weekend. Miss you. I need to go to bed right now...I am not listening to what my body is telling me.
    Hugs,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just love your home sing monday-- once I am done with my housewife histories I will be playing along.

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by today! Please feel free to subscribe to my blog and/or follow me on facebook. The links are at the bottom of each post.

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!