Tuesday, January 5, 2010

2010....SO FAR....

Sunday night I went to bed with high hopes and big plans for Monday.

Man, I was going to get back into the homeschooling mode, finish whipping the house into shape after the Christmas un-decorating, go to the library, clip the dog's nails, do laundry (it was laundry day, after all), and do several of the "key" items on my to-do list.

I was going to exercise and eat better and ignore the almond roca in the fridge and certainly not drink any diet pepsi or eat any Costco-670-calorie-poppy seed-muffins.

Monday morning rolled around and I could barely drag myself out of bed. I pushed that snooze button one to many times.

If you are on facebook with me, you may remember that I spent some time whining about not having any diet pepsi until my oldest took pity on me (or wanted to shut me up) and brought me one.....forever redeeming himself for all those middle of the night diaper changes and 2 a.m. drinks of water.

I think I avoided eating any almond roca for maybe 30 minutes after I woke up. I downed the muffin while I drank my diet pepsi. The only exercise I got was bending over to pick up a piece of almond roca that I dropped on the floor......do you really have to ask whether I ate it or not? Hel-lo, chocolate!!!!!

I did manage to throw some meat into the crockpot, but that was self-preservation. I didn't want to be scrambling for dinner at 5:00 p.m.

However, while making the rest of the dinner I managed to start a small fire, which I also mentioned on fb just in case you missed it.

Mostly, I sat around telling myself that there was always hope for Tuesday. Goodness, why is it so hard to get back into a home and homeschooling routine after being on vacation for two weeks?

So, now I am pinning the hopes of the civilized world onto today, Tuesday. Tuesday is the day that I will wash 15,000 loads of laundry, organize every closet and drawer in my home, cook a 25-course dinner, lose 20 pounds, decorate every room so that even Better Homes & Gardens magazine would drool, and homeschool my son so well that he will be able to get a job as a college professor at Harvard by lunchtime.

While I'm doing all that, you can pop over to the Five Mom's blog to see who the winner of December's giveaway is!

30 comments:

  1. I'm here, Nan..
    Thank you very much for letting me know. This is my first time doing this stuff (lol). And I'm lucky enough to be the winner this time.

    Please let me know what to do :)

    my email is: risma_htb@yahoo.com

    Thanks
    Greetings
    Risma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless your heart.I know my daughter is having the same trouble. The boys do not want to start school again. Today will be better! Hope you have a great day! Blessings, Faye

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have sooooo missed visiting you! You are hilarious, and I love it here!

    smooches,
    Larie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy, you are a hoot. How did I miss your Diet-Pepsi breakdown?!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sound like me today my friend. Oy! I had to clean my office just so I could think straight about homeschooling again. LOL.
    Hugs
    Kim
    Oh BTW, I didn't even question whether or not you ate the Almond Rocca LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nan!!
    Just stopping by to show some ♥LUV♥
    {{{HUGS}}}
    【ツ】

    ReplyDelete
  7. You tickled me so much this morning. I can totally relate. I have had the dropsy's for a couple of days now. Driving me nuts!

    Have a great Tuesday!
    Joyce Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with ya....my new 2010 routine was supposed to start yesterday, then hubby decided to get up with the kids and let me sleep in, it all went down hill from there. Here's to Tuesday! :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. it's good to know I'm not alone.

    Thank you for the sweet comments on sahmbie chronicles. I couldn't make it if it weren't for my bloggy friends and all their support. Ya'll rock.

    And you can do at least one of those things today...I vote for your son becoming a Harvard professor by noon, so he'll be making the big bucks to hire his mama a maid.

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO allowed to have a case of the Mondays every now and then. You know when ya have a bad morning, it kind of it engrained in you for a while. Just start a new day today/tomorrow and move forward.
    ~Elyse

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's 10:50 am on Tuesday and I am still in my pajamas! Today was supposed to be my day back in the swing, as the kids just went back to school today. I guess tomorrow I will have to do better! Don't ya just hate when you ruin your New Year's plan on the first day!!?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had big plans for Monday, too. The day did not end well. I haven't done anything yet today. I'm thinking about starting my new year next week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I never knew Tuesdays could be such productive days! WOW! You made me tired just thinking about all you are going to accomplish today. But being the friend that I am...I will help you out...I am going to go take a nap for you, because I know just how tired you are going to be this afternoon. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nan,

    You know NO mother could accomplish what you set out to do for Tuesday! It's a nice way to view how we feel about all we have to do but here is hoping that you get through the day with some sanity left in tack before you reach midnight!

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow that was so captivating. I can honestly say your stories are like a great novel that I could fall asleep reading LOL. Keep it up Thanx!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey now.... don't we have 12 months to fulfill those resolutions:-) What's so wrong with diet pepsi and chocolate. We would not be women without it all.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm feeling much better now...I thought I was the only one. My motto lately has been "why do today what I can put off until tomorrow".

    ReplyDelete
  18. You might need Wednesday, Thursday and Friday too for all of those things. Give yourself a week to get motivated. LOL Who says everything has to change all in one day anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  19. i know! I'm trying to be so good and cut back on my eating..maybe I shouldn't have started the week I'm PMSing...whatdya think?

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's just too funny! Well, I went back to work on Monday and did Day 3 of my new Bible Study, and semi started back on my diet! It's a start, not much, but a start! lol

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOL! YOu are too funny! :D I'm thinking that my get in shap will resort to running to the chocolate. LOL! :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nan, as usual, you have made me laugh again and again. Oh,...to be a fly on your wall... LOLOLOL

    Yes. I knew you picked up the roca and ate it...I would too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh you are funny! Let me know how far you get on that list, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hahaha!! This was good!! I totally know how you feel, Nan! I was so not ready for Monday!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm so glad that it isn't just me that is dragging these days and not accomplishing much. Too much holiday vacation time and too much sickness here.

    I am trying to get it together but if I don't...it will unfortunately be here when I get back in the groove.

    Keep at it...you are the Queen of Organization, Efficiency and Accomplishment!

    I have faith in you but I sure wish you would totally rub off on me. lol

    Love you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lose 20 lbs on Tuesday. Sounds good to me. I'll have to wait til next Tuesday, of course. In the meantime, hand me the chips and queso dip...

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hey Nan!! Just wanted to catch up with you since I haven't been around in a while. I love the holidays but I'm ready for things to start settling down. Hang in there and good luck with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I don't even have kids in school yet and we are having a hard time getting back into the swing of things!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks for always keeping it real and for having a sense of humor too. We all have our days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hey that's what I did on Tuesday, too! The 15,000 loads of laundry was killer, but the 20 lbs. I lost that day came off just like that (snap!). You're still just too funny and let's be honest, can anyone resist chocolate?? Puh-lease. ♥

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by today! Please feel free to subscribe to my blog and/or follow me on facebook. The links are at the bottom of each post.

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!