Sunday, December 20, 2009

MAKING YOUR HOME SING MONDAY: CHRISTMAS IS COMING

Making your home sing Mondays

Welcome to the Making Your Home Sing Monday meme! Every day you are doing something to make your house into a home for yourself and your family (if you have one). My point with each Monday post is, what are you doing or going to do today to make your home sing?

It can be an attitude or an action. Motivation, our attitude, baking, encouraging our husband or children (if we have either one), organization, cleaning, saving money....the opportunities are endless.

My goodness, Christmas is coming fast! I seriously don't know where the time goes.

My hubby mentioned something earlier today. He was talking about the last minute things that people will be doing this week, and how some may get stressed out.

He encouraged us to look for the Lord in the midst of all the last minute madness, etc. He suggested that when we see the Christmas lights, that we remember that Jesus is the Light of the world.

When we see a candy cane, we can remember that Jesus died for our sins. If you don't get the analogy turn a candy cane upside down and tell me what letter does it make?

When we see a star on a Christmas tree remember the star that pointed the way to the manger where our Savior was born.

When we see someone walking with a cane, we can remember that the angels appeared to the lowly shepherds. They didn't say "Take me to your leader" but came to the normal, average, lowly shepherds.

He comes to us today. Can you hear Him? Do you know He loves you?

They can't take the CHRIST out of CHRISTmas because He is Christmas. He is the reason that we celebrate Christmas. He is the Reason for the season, and we won't ever lose that. They can try and take away the words but they can't take away the power of the meaning.

So this week, I'll be making my home sing by remembering the real meaning of Christmas. A precious baby was born, only to grow up and die for my sins so that I could be reconciled to a holy God who loves me, enough to send His only Son to die for my sins. My heart is humbled at the love that I don't deserve, can't earn, and am so thankful for.

19 comments:

  1. Amen and thanks for the timely reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful Nan. Thank you for the great reminders.

    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. And all of God's people said, "AMEN!"
    Blessings to you my sweet sister friend.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is nothing more wonderful than to know that God loves me. Thank you for such a good reminder of why we celebrate Christmas! I hope you have a blessed and unstressful week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I say amen too! Very well said. We have so much in Him and so Much to be thankful for. The wise men came to worship Him and so should we!
    God bless and Merry Christmas to you and yours! Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  6. I say amen too! Very well said. We have so much in Him and so Much to be thankful for. The wise men came to worship Him and so should we!
    God bless and Merry Christmas to you and yours! Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post - it's easy at times to forget the true meaning with all that we do this time of year - thank you.
    Merry CHRISTmas to you
    Kelly
    http://www.amazingsalvation.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read in today's paper about how much parents spend on their children at Christmas and it was a lot of money. Very sad when you think about it - I think most have forgotten the real meaning of Christmas.

    It would be interesting to know how many gifts people give their children.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it! Even little things can and should be a reminder of the true meaning of Christmas. Have a great day ~ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amen! Thanks for those reminders, that was awesome. I've been running around, stressed, no patience, and not much fun to be around up until now. I am pretty much done with everything, so from here on out I can relax and enjoy my Savior's birthday. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I, too have been very focused on Jesus this Christmas! I think it keeps my feet grounded and keeps me from getting all stressed out.

    A great post!
    Joyce Marie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful ways to keep the focus where it needs to be not only at Christmas but all year long. If we could remember these simple things all year like when you find a penny to always say "in God we trust" . We would think about Him far more often. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amen, Amen, Amen!!!

    It's so easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of it all.....thanks for the gentle reminder!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nan,

    Thank you for visiting and leaving your kind encouraging words! I really appreciate them.

    I absolutely LOVE the idea of this post!! Do you do it often? How inspiring! As Anne of Green Gables would say, "I've found a kindred spirit!"

    Have a very Merry Christmas Nan!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What great, easy ways to see Jesus during the Christmas season!

    Merry Christmas Nan!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful post! I pray you and your family have a very special Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by today! Please feel free to subscribe to my blog and/or follow me on facebook. The links are at the bottom of each post.

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!