Sunday, November 22, 2009

MAKING YOUR HOME SING

Making your home sing Mondays


Welcome to the Making Your Home Sing Monday meme! Every day you are doing something to make your house into a home for yourself and your family (if you have one). My point with each Monday post is, what are you doing or going to do today to make your home sing?

It can be an attitude or an action. Motivation, our attitude, baking, encouraging our husband or children (if we have either one), organization, cleaning, saving money....the opportunities are endless.

I don't think I have to tell you what's coming up this week. Not if you live in the U.S., anyway. We will be celebrating Thanksgiving this week.

I do not have a MYHSM post. I have been very busy today, and it just didn't come together. I've been trying to write a post here, but the words aren't coming so at this point, I give up. Otherwise, it'll be Wednesday before I come up with something and I have got to get this meme going!

I cannot think about all I have to be thankful for without thinking of those that are having a difficult time right now.

Holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas can be especially hard for some people. People who have lost loved ones, people who are far away from their families, or who have loved ones serving in the military or are far away, or who just feel alone. People who are in hospitals or care facilities, and cannot be home. For those who already feel lonely, a holiday can intensify it.

Also, there are alot of people living in uncertainty right now. Maybe you're one of them. If not, I'll bet you know somebody who is out of work or facing a loss of hours, or may be losing their job or their home soon, or facing a difficult illness, or they have just lost someone they love.

This is a good time to reflect on all we have to be thankful for, but also to prayerfully remember those who are going through a hard time.

Sometimes, the best thing to do for someone, is to let them know that you care. Let them know you're thinking of them or praying for them. Then maybe, they won't feel so alone.

What are you doing or going to do today to make your home sing? Please go here for instructions and/or ideas and come back here to link up to join us today! Please do not put your own Making Your Home Sing Monday Linky on your blog. As always, please don't forget to link to this post. Also, please don't forgot to leave me a comment!

13 comments:

  1. Amen, Nan! It's so easy for us to get caught up in the "holidays" and forget the people/families that are hurting right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. This is such a tough time for families and many have lost jobs this season. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You said it best...pray for them. We need to count our blessings, while at the same time remembering the needs of others around us. If I don't get back around this week...Have a beautiful Thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for such a sweet reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So true, Nan! There is lots of hardships in the world today. I'm so thankful for all of God's blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is why we started doing the 12 days of giving with the kids....to take the focus off of us & place it on others that may be in need. Better to give than to receive and what a blessing to see others blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for setting me straight this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree. We are going to be doing more with our children this year in the GIVING department. Thanks for a reminder to put the owness back on us to help others!!!
    LOVE T

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel like a big doofus because I want to add your logo or whatever to my site when I post about MYHSM, but I just don't know how (I don't have any linkys or whatever). I will write something and just do a regular old link. Sorry I'm a disappointment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You always touch on the things I've been noodling. Thanks for such an awesome post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thinking of others who are having a difficult time in life right now and letting them know that you care is actually showing a grateful and thankful heart. When we know we are full, we have overflow to release. When we are in want, we can not see other's needs because ours are so big they block the view of another. Thanks for helping me to see that aspect of it all at this Thanksgiving season.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I tried to make my home sing, only to find out it's tone deaf!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by today! Please feel free to subscribe to my blog and/or follow me on facebook. The links are at the bottom of each post.

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!