Tuesday, October 20, 2009

CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE


This cookie makes my heart beat faster. This cookie had me at hello. In fact, I had to take a bite before I actually took the picture, which is why there is a bite missing out of it. Oops, sorry!

This cookie leaves me with very little self-control. That is why it is better if I hide these cookies somewhere or put them in the freezer and remove them out of my sight.

It is also good that my husband doesn't make them that often. Otherwise I could not be held responsible for my actions (or my weight). They're that good. At least, I think so.

You know the saying "That's the way the cookie crumbles?" Well, these cookies sort of fall apart when you eat them. I like that about a cookie. For the record, I can't believe I just wrote that last sentence....or the last three paragraphs for that matter. Never thought I'd be blogging about a cookie for pete's sake.

Also, today is my day to blog over at the Five Mom's blog so I hope you'll visit me over there and learn some of the fun things about being a grownup! But first, here's the recipe (for the cookie, not for the five moms).


CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

1 cup butter (softened but not melted)
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup sugar
3 1/2 cups flour
1 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1 cup oatmeal (we use regular)
1 cup cereal (can use Rice Crispies, Chex, Cornflakes, Lucky charms, whatever)
1 package chocolate chips
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda

Mix all of the ingredients together until it's well mixed. Drop by spoonful onto an ungreased cookie sheet. You can press it down a little if you want, it's up to you. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes.

If you want to see some more recipes, or lovely meal ideas please go here to Tasty Tuesday!

22 comments:

  1. I know what you mean...have very little self control when it comes to chocolate. Cookies are really more my husband's weakness. Maybe I'll make them for him. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My family loves a good cookie, especially chocolate chip...I'll have to try this. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can't go wrong with chocolate. And on that note I think it's time for some Hot Chocolate, since I detest coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love chocolate chip cookies....

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're making my mouth water! Now I'm going to have to go home and bake. Thanks a lot. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum I will have to try that. Sounds so good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ... I am trying t be good wit sweets and food and you show me this!!! :) I LOVE chocolate chip cookies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We love some chocolate chip cookies over here. Thanks for the recipe. Got Milk?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing the recipe...off to bake some with my box of Lucky Charms...you did say Lucky Charms didn't you?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh dear one. Please post this over with us. We are looking for great desserts! You already have a post to use.

    ReplyDelete
  11. No matter what life hands us today, it always goes down better with chocolate chip cookies and milk.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  12. OOOOHH! Chocolate chip cookies are my favorite. This recipe looks different than most. I might just have to try it! Thanks Nan!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooo they sound wonderful! you will have to limit them on the Christmas Crunch that´s for sure! phewww that would have me all weak in the knees.

    Headed over to your other blog now! ;) sorry I don´t get over there very often. I love it when I do though.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm still trying to find the perfect choc chip recipe....I'll have to try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just want to let you know I have been enjoying reading your blog and want to pass along a blog award.

    http://sahmiam77.blogspot.com/2009/10/i-was-honored-with-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, so hubby makes the cookies? What a guy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks good! And you said your husband made them. For me, if it's chocolate and anyone besides me made it then it's gotta be good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yum...we love cookies...I may have to try these!!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ummmmm :p Tasty!!! Does this mean that you've come to your senses and you're embracing the yumminess of chocolate again? I hope so because a life without chocolate is like no life at all. Just kidding. Of course you have a life, with or without chocolate. You're a blogger, duh. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dear Nan,

    I am sure the cookies are as delicious as you say. My daughter delights in Chocolate Chip Cookies; however, I have always preferred Oatmeal Raisin Cookies because I like the salty/sweet flavor.
    I will share this recipe with my daughter. ☺

    ♥Hope

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by today! Please feel free to subscribe to my blog and/or follow me on facebook. The links are at the bottom of each post.

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!