Friday, August 28, 2009

OF COURSE I'M AWAKE! ARE YOU?

Figured I'd ramble today. Not that that is different from any other day. Notice how I have two "thats" in a row? That's because I used them twice in a row, not because I typed it twice. I'm smart like that. Just a little English lesson for ya.

So yesterday my neighbor woke me up because she was locked out of her house. Yes, I said woke me up. I am sooooo glad she doesn't read this blog or she'd find out. Anybody ever oversleep and are to embarrassed to admit it and hope that noone notices? Anybody then admit it on their blog? Oh, and I'm not telling you what time it was so don't ask. I'm not telling.

I never like to tell people that they woke me up if they woke me up. For one thing, it just makes them feel bad. So if you call me at 3:00 in the morning and ask if you woke me up, I am going to tell you "No, of course not! I am always up at 3 a.m. Isn't everybody?"

O.k., not really. I am soooo going to say "Well, um.....well.....yeah......sorry" and I will then apologize profusely to you for waking me up.

Do you think she noticed that I was still in my jammies? Do you think she noticed that my hair was sticking out in 5,000 directions, like I stuck my finger in a light socket? Has anybody noticed that whenever I choose some random big number, it's usually 5,000 or 50,000? Anybody know why I do that? Huh, me neither.

Since I forgot to take my little dog outside she then did her business on my floor right in front of the neighbor. Fortunately, the neighbor was talking on the phone and her back was turned so she didn't see it.

However, I imagine there is nothing wrong with her nose so I don't even want to know where she thought that smell was coming from.

Later, my mom went shopping and her car died. So she called me and I told her I'd come and pick her right up. Then my friend called and we were chatting about this big thing that's coming up in her life......and I totally forgot about my poor mom. Whose car died. In the hot sun. Did I mention her car died in the hot sun?

Fortunately, her car died in front of a store. And I really wasn't on the phone but a few minutes, but still.....

So what do you suppose happened when I made extra chicken for dinner? Well, I set them out to cool, totally forgot about them for several hours. Um, yeah. So much for the leftovers.

Don't ya love it when you get distracted and.......um......what was I saying?

Is anybody getting motion sickness from all this jumping around?

Oh, and I totally forgot it was Friday again so no pictures either. However, you can pop over and visit Alicia's blog to see everybody else's flashback pictures.

19 comments:

  1. I am totally forgetting a lot of things lately....
    Blessings, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were cracking me up. Hope you have a great Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your week sounds like mine last week! It can only get better, right?

    Thanks for the laugh this morning!

    Mrs. Nurse Boy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very funny. I had company recently was telling them about our wonderful new dog and how well trained he was. Then the stench started filling the room...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! You are funny! I never like to let people know they woke me up either. For one thing, I am probably a little embarrassed that I am still sleeping when I shouldn't be. but mostly because like you said, I don't want them to feel bad if they think they woke me up. My husband always teases me that no matter if I am sound asleep and the phone rings, I answer it with a cheer "Hello!" as if I had been awake for hours and was having a great day. But, I do not ever greet him that way when he comes home from work. OOOPS! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! I think in reality our thoughts are like that all the time, we just don't stop long enough to collect them all and put them on paper.

    Yikes, now that I think about that, I don't want to know what is really going on in my head anyway. At least you got a good early start to your day???!!!

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ramble on, my friend. Ramble on!

    We love it. =0)

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are so funny! Thanks for the laugh and smiles :).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hilarious ..... ummm, switch to Decaf girlfriend....


    haha,

    Just kidding!

    Love,
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you had a busy week!!! Thanks for the laugh today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Why is that? If someone comes to my door at 7 am on a Saturday morning I am embarrassed if they catch me in my nightgown. Now if I logically think about it who should really be embarrassed by catching me in my nightgown at that hour or in your case waking you up?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay, that all made perfect sense to me. My brain works best like that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hate in when the postman comes to the door with a package and I am sometimes still in my PJs!
    Love Collette xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am dizzy! Or maybe it is YOU that's dizzy...a dizzy dame. ♥ Totally just kidding!

    Love you!
    ♥Hope

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lol! I think if I even put a list of things I needed to do on my forehead, I would forget it was there. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. sounds like a total Tootsie Moment!!!
    I had a whole weekend like that...my house has a little cleaning done in each room...and one load of laundry was almost put into the dryer....BUT...I did manage to get the kids ready for first day of school on Tuesday!!! well almost! lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. With or without pictures...your posts will keep me coming back for more, every time!

    haha! HAHA! laughing out loud! I really need to get back to those dust bunnies...especially feel the need, since my hard working hubby is out in the hot and humid heat of Georgia doing yard work and making it all gorgeous on the outside of our home!

    Blessings & aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like you were tired. You needed a sleep in day. Take 'em when you can get 'em.

    There is no school for Kent tomorrow. Bummer! The longer we're out of school, the longer we'll be in school. Our first year starts out with a bang or that would be a fiz.

    I'm feeling good today and hopefully after the root canal on Wed. I'll be just fine. If not I'll stay home.

    Have a great week,
    Nannette

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by today! Please feel free to subscribe to my blog and/or follow me on facebook. The links are at the bottom of each post.

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!