Friday, August 21, 2009

FRIDAY PHOTO FLASHBACK

Friday Photo Flashback

Yup, it's time for Friday Photo Flashback, hosted by Alicia. So dig up your old photos, scan 'em and post 'em!

This isn't "technically" a picture, as pictures go. It's a picture of a video that I shot many years ago. My oldest was around five or six at the time, and he is holding something in his hand and talking to his daddy about it. Judging from the sweet expression on my husband's face, it might have been something that my son made.

Maybe it was my husband's birthday. Maybe not. There were many times like this. My hubby coming home from work and our children sitting on his lap, telling him about their day and showing him things.

This shot is proof that you won't remember everything. Neither my husband nor myself remember the exact moment that this was taken. Of course we have the dvd. But we don't remember this exact "snapshot" in time.

The funny thing is, there are some pictures that I can tell you exactly when they happened, and what was going on at the time. But some pictures, like this, I can't. Many times you treasure the moment, so sure you'll remember it forever....and sometimes you do, and sometimes you don't. The feelings, the love, those you'll remember.

What I love about this shot is that my son is sitting on his daddy's lap, my husband is holding him and I can see the love and pride on his face while he listens to our son.

These are moments that we treasure. You may not remember the exact moment of the picture, but the feelings it evokes is what you treasure. Here, he is a little boy forever. Our son is 20 now, and he doesn't sit on his daddy's lap anymore. But the pride, the love that they share, it's still there. The moment is frozen but the love goes on forever.



Please go here for more photo flashbacks!

28 comments:

  1. What a sweet post and how wonderful that your boys have such a great daddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh precious!!!! I wonderful moment captured in time!
    HUGS
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that photo too! The love between them both is just so evident. That's what family is all about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I get a tissue? {sniff..sniff} that is so cute :)

    What a great memory...whether you remember or not...the picture/video is wonderful to see when the kids are little and so innocent and happy about such little things! I love it! How sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey I followed you over here from Heart 2 Heart. I agree those old photos do spark some nice memories. That one is priceless. I too have some that I can tell you who took the photo, who was in the room and exactly what was going on and others I just don't remember. My family doesn't blog, facebook or twitter so they think I am off my rocker for doing it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. That picture is beautiful and I know what you mean. I don't remember every detail about the millions of pictures I take either, but they take you back to a sweet place in time and the memories just flood you. I love pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm interested in how you did that "picture" from a video. Your son is very interested in sharing whatever it was with daddy. I have a good long-term memory but I find that I need to make a great effort in remembering everything by writing it down or I won't remember much of anything. Must be the age catching up with me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet picture! Nothing like Daddy's lap:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is precisely why photos are so important to me. You forget little moments and details, but looking back through photos and video sparks your memory. I love that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's fun to recall happy moments even if we don't exactly remember everything around a certain capture :)

    I joined FPF for the first time today.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well said, Nan! That is what I like about this meme...you don't remember every small detail, but you remember how the pictures made you feel.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wonderful capture.. and yes the photo did capture the emotion... thanks for reminding us to cherish each moment :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. You know what, you're exactly right - about all of it. Yes, I DO see how your husband's feeling and your son is so intent on telling him about "whatever"! It looks like a commercial and it just makes me happy. My son is 21 - high five, sister! Time just absolutely flies. I'm SOOO happy you posted that - the picture was great and the post was adorable. Your husband has good hair, by the way! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh yes, I can totally see the attentiveness your husband is giving your son. Such gentleness also!! I love that you can capture sweet moments like this on film!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh we have so many photos like that...but aren't they great anyway! It's such a precious photo...blessings and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. AWWWW! What a sweet post! That picture is just priceless. Your husband's expression on his face does show the love and pride he has for his son! Tooo Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the memories that old photos bring out! what a beautiful photo...moment!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gotta love those father and son pictures that look like this one does. You can genuinely see the love between both of them and thank you for letting us have a peek back in time.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  19. "Our son is 20 now, and he doesn't sit on his daddy's lap anymore. But the pride, the love that they share, it's still there. The moment is frozen but the love goes on forever."

    I love it....thanks for sharing your sweet memories with us.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am getting teary eyed. So sweet!! That picture couldn't be more precious!

    Mrs. Nurse Boy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great post, Nan! What a great reminder of the Love between Father and son. such love portrayed here.

    ReplyDelete
  22. great picture- don't you just LOVE scanners?!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Memories like this help us connect the baby we remember to the man we see before us. What an awesome memory...

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love seeing old photos! especially little ones with their daddies :o)

    Blessings & Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is so sweet. I can just see them doing this even though I didn't know you then. Precious moments (no,not the figurines) in time with loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  26. What an adorable pic and capture of daddy listening! :D

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by today! Please feel free to subscribe to my blog and/or follow me on facebook. The links are at the bottom of each post.

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!