Sunday, June 7, 2009

MAKING YOUR HOME SING MONDAY: IT'S ALL IN THE DETAILS

Making your home sing Mondays

Edit: Mr. Linky is not cooperating today so please leave your URL link in the comments, or just mention in the comments that you are participating today, so that people can click on your comment to visit you. Thank you!
Welcome to the Making Your Home Sing Monday meme! Every day you are doing something to make your house into a home for yourself and your family (if you have one). My point with each Monday post is, what are you doing or going to do today to make your home sing?

It can be an attitude or an action. Motivation, our attitude, baking, encouraging our husband or children (if we have either one), organization, cleaning, saving money....the opportunities are endless.

I am behind on my laundry. Sometimes I wonder how that happens. It just piles up on me (haha, get it? Piles? Get it? Never mind). Seriously, it sneaks up on me, like a big, smelly laundry monster. Oh, and I have a shirt that needs to be ironed. I don't buy shirts that need to be ironed, because helllloooo, why would I want to make extra work for myself?

A wrinkle or two never hurt anybody, that's what I always say! You ever known anybody to be hurt by a cotton wrinkle? See? I rest my case. However, I didn't buy this shirt. But guess who gets to iron it?

It's my own fault. I am rather possessive of the laundry. I won't even let my own mother touch our laundry......and who do you think used to do mine when I was a kid? However, I just can't stand having anybody but me do the laundry, even though they know how. After all, they might ruin a sock or something. Oooh, imagine how awful that might be.....

Oh, and I have overdue library books. Not sure how that happens either. I check out 4,000 books at a time and read maybe one of them. The rest just sit around making me feel guilty for not reading them. All the while the books are mocking me and the $$ fees are adding up that I owe the library. Hey, just doing my part to support the library system.

My dog needs her nails clipped, not to mention her hair cut. I need my bangs trimmed or I will be rivaling my dog for the sheepdog look. Do I dare even mention the status of my leg hair? Seriously, aren't you tired of me talking about leg hair? I know I am, but the stupid things just won't go away! (the leg hair I mean, not my legs. Those can stay.)

I'm not sure what I'm making for dinner tonight, and frankly I'm not sure that I care! Ask me if I care. Go on. Ask me. Do I care? I know that McDonalds, KFC, Burger King and Taco Bell are all more than happy to have my business. Hey, cold cereal is always available!

My toilet bowl glares at me every time I walk in there (and yes, I do believe that you really did need to know that. You're welcome!) I thought I had splotches all over my face but it was just the mirror I was looking in.

Are you seeing a pattern here? It's the little things.......the little things are what trip you up.

Oh, and for some bizarre reason my family is partial to clean clothing. Go figure. Who knew? Clean towels, clean socks, and I'll just stop right there. You get the picture. Oh, and clean dishes too. What is it with these people?
You do the laundry, you do the dishes, and six months later they need doing again!!!!!

One of these days I am going to have my family put on every item of clothing that they own and take a shower fully-clothed, while holding a stack of dishes, silverware, and cups. That oughta do it. I wonder if I could toss the dogs in there too. Now that is multi-tasking. Every thing gets cleaned at once. Ooooooh, wouldn't it be awesome if the cars would fit in there too?

But until my family cooperates with my clever ways of cleaning/multitasking, I guess the way for me to make my home sing this week is to pay attention to the details. So this is what I will be doing. Catching up on the laundry, doing some meal planning, and doing some cleaning too. It's all in the details.....

What are you doing or going to do today to make your home sing?
Please go here for instructions and/or ideas and come back here to link up to join us today! As always, please don't forget to link to this post. Also, please don't forgot to leave me a comment!

Please note: Mr. Linky has been rather interesting lately, so we want to pamper him all we can. To link up, please click on the box below, and it will take you to the Mr. Linky box where you can link up as usual.

You may need to delete whatever was in the box previously, but don't worry, you're not deleting someone's link. Mr. Linky just may not be cleaning up after himself, that's all. Just delete whatever is in the box and put in your own link.....you won't ruin anything! If you find you have trouble leave me a comment and I'll link you up!

32 comments:

  1. Ha, the way I hope to sing is START the project I signed up to do on your blog!!! I have my daughter's dance recital tomorrow, doctor appointment Tuesday morning, parent's Wednesday, church Wed. night, hair appointment Thursday, and my husband's class reunion Friday and Saturday night. Screammmmmmmmmmmm.

    Ok, I'm breathing ... inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale .....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am dealing with everything you are except the leg hair and the dog issue. I have so much on my plate, I need to write bills, update my resume, put away the laundry that is already done, go through some old papers I no longer need, get ready for piano recital, finish up tournament games in soccer oh my the list goes on and on, I think I will stop there before I think of anything else to do and as far as getting all of this done to make my house sing at this point I don't know if I care of the house sings.....I might break out with a big TA-DAAAAAA when my life slows down a little.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen about those darn dishes and laundry! Since I'm off work for the summer, I want to catch up on cleaning projects around the house. Every time I turn around the dishes and laundry need to be done! UGH!!!!

    By the way, I think I might have gotten your "piles" joke!

    Good luck pulling yourself up out of that laundry! If you ask me, it's like quicksand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In general, I like to have all of the dishes done before I go to bed every night.

    I try to get everyone to keep their stuff out of the living area all day long. It's just much easier when it's time for bed.

    Starting with some scripture in the morning always helps to set me on the right track.
    Thanks for getting me ready for tommorrow.
    Nannette

    ReplyDelete
  5. I TOTALLY get the laundry possessiveness...when I let anyone else do ours, there are always stains left behind, the colors are faded, and nothing makes it back in to the proper drawers! LOL!

    Oh, and I linked up for the first time today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The excitement this week alone because school is ending will make my house sing on its own. We are excited for summer:) Good luck with all the details...I really need to dust!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL...I thought I was the only person w/ the laundry possessive syndrome. I told my kids I'm going to teach them t to laundry, but I'll only let them wash their own stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm afraid my linky may have posted twice - the first one could be deleted as it is an old one. Sorry about that - still getting used to this newer version of Mr. Linky!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like that multitasking idea! :)
    Oh…the details…so true…I need to go do my laundry, too.
    ♥ Hope

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am SO glad you came by my blog tonight...because that means I got the chance to come by your absolutely delightful blog! I have laughed out loud! Truly!

    I will be back. :)
    Blessings to you as you tackle your laundry!! I need to do some laundry tackling myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What is it about dishes & laundry? They just seem to multiply like rabbits! I need to get caught up around here too. I am hoping to get a few things accomplished this week while my son is away at camp. We'll see ;)

    Take care my friend!
    Hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Praying about some difficult decisions and seeking GOD's guidence.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am ON A ROLL!!! Done two more rooms today!!! this girl is cookin with GAS! it is supposed to snow here tonight...so I am trying to keep busy so as not to stress out about the potential loss of my whole garden!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am going to spend a lot of time with my kids this week. Next week starts summer chaos. And Laundry at my house is NEVER done, ever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. My washer machine got fixed last friday (after waiting for the guy that came 8 hours late.... 8!!!!),so washing clothes has been going on a lot in our house this weekend :).... clean clothes is highly overrated.... hahha

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great post! It took me a long time to change from my Mom mind to that of a working person in the home. This is a great post to remind us all.

    I am working on my attitude of gratitude.
    Hugs, Bobbi Jo

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are too funny! I'm hoping my little "project" for the day will make my whole house sing. It should make a difference in a lot of rooms!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the idea about throwing them all into the shower! Get it all done at once!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am having trouble with Mr. Linky!! Please link me up because I made my first "making your home sing monday" post today!! Thanks for hosting!

    my url: laurenalexis1.blogspot.com

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I say we should embrace the wrinkle as a fashion statement. Then irons would only be needed to make quilts.

    Dishes and laundry are my true nemesis they just seem to multiply...I'm not sure how they do it.

    Oh and I'll bet my cat hair rivals your dog hair!

    You are definitely not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Remember that list THANG that I said I was going to start doing...not going so great. I totally forgot about a book that was overdue until I just read your blog. I was going to write it on my list before I left on vacation and then I could not find my list...you know how it goes...hence I think I better start making the list on my forehead. Like you said...its the little things or THANGS.

    ReplyDelete
  22. http://mrsdanielstrain.blogspot.com/2009/06/making-my-home-sing-monday_08.html

    cant get mr linky to cooaperate so here is my link..

    ReplyDelete
  23. One thing I'm so glad I don't need to do is shave , I'm naturally hairless!LOL

    ReplyDelete
  24. You are cracking me up with a vision of the family in the shower! LOL! {great idea though! Can I just throw all my things into our pool? Does that count? I mean, I use that for the kids' bath? LOL!}

    Yes, why does Dan feel like he has to have clean socks and underwear? Whatever! ha ha! I'll be doing the same...after I catch up on blogging, that is...priorities!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Of course I'll tell you what "Tump" means. I've been leaving this definition in comment boxes ALL DAY LONG. ha ha ha

    TUMP is a cross between "TIP" and "DUMP". You use it when on the swingsets like so: "Don't swing us any higher or we're gonna tump this thang over!" =0)

    ~Erica

    ReplyDelete
  26. Mr. Linky is crazy these days:

    http://nagle5.blogspot.com/2009/06/making-your-home-sing-monday.html

    The nerve of our families...do you know, my kids expect me to feed them REGULARLY! What is up with that?

    I gave up on the dogs' nails...they can run on the concrete...that files them down, right?

    Hope the laundry monster hasn't taken over your life and I have three words for you: Downy Wrinkle Releaser!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  27. It is all in the details but looking at the big picture can make my head ache sometimes. I'm sorry I couldn't get my post over here in time, too many details to attend to :)

    Now that I have downloaded Firefox to my computer, I can see you again. YAYYYY! Blogger can be a little temperamental these days.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great post - I hadn't visited before on a Monday...I SO need to do something to make my home sing! I'll have to settle for making it hum today (it's 6:30pm after all) and get it to sing tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Flowers are so nice, but allergies can keep them at a distance. Enjoy from afar. Maybe I'll have more pictures.
    I like Tootsie's amazing yard too. So organized and colorful & full of plants. I actually got some ideas from her for plants that grow in the shade.

    See You soon.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks so much!! I've had a great Monday ... hope you have too!!

    Be Blessed ~ Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you for such a real post. I don't think I will ever get caught up on laundry!! I just keep trying day in and day out. I appreciated Alicia's post today- I loved thinking about how my spiritual life can help make my home sing. Thanks for doing this. It's always encouraging!

    ReplyDelete
  32. The nails look very pretty! And you know what, if it makes you happy.....yay you!
    Totally agree on the laundry, NOBODY does my laundry either. eeewwww, is all I can say at the thought.
    I didn't do "making my home sing" yesterday, which I wanted to. It was actually a migrain Monday, which it turning into a migrain Tuesday, too.
    I hope you have a wonderfully blessed day!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by today! Please feel free to subscribe to my blog and/or follow me on facebook. The links are at the bottom of each post.

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!