Saturday, May 30, 2009

MORE SUMMER CLEANING FRENZY INSTRUCTIONS

I don't think I was very clear on the Summer Cleaning Frenzy instructions....sorry! It was getting late and I was tired, lol!

1. Pick one room that you want to deep clean or reorganize, redecorate or whatever.

2. Walk around and make a list of what you feel needs doing in that room. Look here if you want to see one of my lists.

3. Post your list on your blog. It would be lovely if you'd link back to my blog in case anybody else wants to join us, but you don't have to.

4. Leave me a comment or send me an email telling me the day you posted your cleaning list, so that I can make a link to it. Please tell me what name you want me to use for the link (i.e. your name or your blog name). If you don't tell me, I will just use your blog name. Please send me the information by midnight Thursday, 6/4. Otherwise it won't get in for that week.

Next Saturday (6/6), I will then post a list of all the people who are participating in the Summer Cleaning Frenzy, along with their blog link to their cleaning list.


I will also have a link on my right sidebar to the post listing all who are participating in the Summer Cleaning Frenzy. That way, you can click on the post and then follow a link to whoever's blog you wish to visit! I won't do individual links to everybody's blog on my sidebar, just one link to the post (that has all the individual links). But all you have to do is click that post and you can see everyone's names.

You can take as long to finish your list as you want. If it takes you longer than a week, so be it. If you finish in a week, awesome and on to the next one! You can take before and after pictures if you wish.

You can edit your post on your blog to check off or cross off the things you've done, to show off your accomplishments! You can leave comments on each other's posts (and I encourage you too) or leave a comment on the Summer Cleaning Frenzy update post that I will do each Saturday. You can update there if you wish.

Every time you finish a room and start a new room, just do steps 1-4 again, and then I will post a new update each Saturday, with links to any of the new rooms that you all are starting on. If I don't get an update, I will assume you are working on the old room and leave the link to last week's room, until I get an update.

New people can join along each week, as long as they do the post and leave me a comment so I can update the participants list.

This can really go pretty fast, if you think about it. Think what you can do in just fifteen minutes....you can dust the baseboards, or dust all the lampshades and picture frames, etc. Remember, you are only working in one room at a time.

You can do alot in one room in a week! Go at your own pace, set your own rules, and have fun! I am going to try and do a room a week, for myself, just to get through this. I don't want it to last all summer. However, I will give the kitchen two weeks, instead of one.

I will post the first participant's list on Sat. 6/6. You all are welcome to get started on your list this week, as soon as you get your list up. Or you can begin on it 6/6 when the particpant's list is posted. It's up to you. Please email me if you have any questions!

14 comments:

  1. I posted on your last link, but here is my post: http://bethinnc.blogspot.com/2009/05/summer-cleaning-frenzy.html

    I just posted it, but I don't know when I'll get started on it. Maybe I'll start chipping away on it next week.

    Love,
    b

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea!Please keep us in your prayers. Have a great weekend! Blessings, Faye

    ReplyDelete
  3. THis sounds like fun! I might have to join in.

    Having problems with viewing your site. I got to see this page but then when trying to show older posts it comes up in the center as just black. :( Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok...gotcha now!

    I will be participating! I love this! It will help me to stay motivated!!

    I'll leave you a comment asap!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe I'll at least use your idea. I don't know if I'll get started yet. I would like to deep clean our bedroom though. Pray for me to get motivated. I have so many places that need deep cleaning. Thanks
    Nannette

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just got done not too long ago painting two rooms, one for each of my girls. I would like to do the bathroom next and clean out my closet floor. Maybe because it is 12 midnight I am not feeling too motivated but it will for sure be something to blog about in the future. Right now I am on that weight challenge and I am wanting to eat UGH!!! just because I can't I have had more than enough to eat today....lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. my goodness!!! I am on a cleaning frenzy right now!! If I stop for too long I might fall asleep! it is 11:30pm here....and a clean freak can't sleep until the house is at least tidy enough that if company shows up...they won't get the wrong idea! lol
    it is too dark to play outside anymore tonight and I am on a caffeinated (did I spell that right?) pop high...might as well use that to my advantage! lol
    I do love this idea...and will most likely link up when I get ready to paint and make some changes in here...you always keep me motivated...I make loads of lists, and find it motivating to cross things off them as I go...I have used a few of your list ideas, and there are a few things I have in the back of my head that you inspire me to do!
    keep up the good posting!!!!
    have a wonderful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea! I love spring cleaning and pitching, giving, putting away! I have done a few rooms as I get ready for my son's graduation open house this weekend. I'll try to link up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey there, looks like we have a busy week ahead of us!
    PS- thanks so much for coming by my blog- it's so great to read comments. I'm hoping to get more followers (especially for this week of missions I have planned) but even if it's just you and me I'll be excited!
    Thanks for being such a blessing to me!
    Julianne :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh boy, do I ever need this!! One room at a time, eh? WELL...maybe I could accomplish that in three months.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just did my whole house! Do i get a prize? jeje LOL
    I just about crashed though. Praise the Lord I can just enjoy it now.
    I am sorry i couldn´t link up to Making your home sing. I really missed it, but well my Husband´s family is here, the house is clean and my home is singing now! PTL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Nan,

    I just now posted my list for your Summer Cleaning Frenzy.

    ♥ Hope

    ReplyDelete
  13. Renee @ http://glowacademy10.blogspot.com/

    G*L*O*W Academy

    has also posted for this week, but I was not sure if she knew about letting you know so that she would be included in your final list for the week...just thought I would mention it.

    ♥ Hope

    P.s. Thanks for your nice comment on my post. I made my list on Paint Shop Pro...Renee made a pretty post of her own.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm late with my comment, but I'm in! I started, but this looks like just the motivation I need to finish. Thanks for the great idea!- Lindy

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by today! Please feel free to subscribe to my blog and/or follow me on facebook. The links are at the bottom of each post.

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!