Friday, February 6, 2009

WHEN IN DOUBT, GO TO COSTO

Is anybody else surprised that today is Friday? I mean, seriously folks, really? Friday? That has nothing to do with this post at all but just thought I'd mention it.


Yesterday morning I found myself in another part of town killing time while waiting for someone to return. So rather than sit in my car for an hour and a half I went to Costco.


Did I mention that I heart that store? You could live at Costco. I mean, think about it. They have food, books, cds, dvds, electronic things that I know nothing about, mattresses, pillows, sheets and blankets, towels, clothes, shoes, furniture, medicine, fans, heaters, cookware, plates, utensils, glassware, napkins, pop (that makes me very happy), dog food (not that I had my dogs with me), cat food (not that I have one), tires (not that I need any), diapers (not that I need any of those either), toilet paper (I need that), kleenex (need that too), diamonds (yeah, like that's gonna happen), and lots of other things.


I just wonder at night, after everyone goes home, if there is a family that sneaks out and lives there. I know they want you to think that they are restocking the store and that people are running around driving forklifts and cleaning the floor and things, but I don't think that's really what's going on. I think that somebody lives there. (Remember they have bathrooms too.) Why else would they have all that stuff if nobody was living there?


It's like that Disneyland myth. They want you to believe they spend all night cleaning the park and getting it ready for the next day. I don't think that's true either, somebody lives there too. I know it. After all, that's why they call in the "happiest place on earth."


In case you're wondering about this lame post, I have a cold and am tired and just don't have the energy to write so this post is the best I can do. Sorry! So what store could you live at because I know that I could live at Costco.

9 comments:

  1. To answer your question, it was emailed to me and I have no reason to believe it didn't happen given the state of our country... but even so if there are any fools out there I hope they read that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Target of course would be my choice. I love that store. I am sucked in everytime.
    Hope that you are feeling better soon my friend. Get some rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Assuming it's a regular store and closes at 5pm and opens again at 9am that is 16 hours my boys would have to destroy the place. There is no way that store could re-open again the next morning. I get antsy after only a few minutes in a store with them... ALL NIGHT? No.Way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I was younger, I often thought about what would happen if I got locked in a store at night. Ha. You're right, that would be a great place to be trapped. I agree -- some place like Costco or Sam's would be great.

    BTW ... I took your advice and timed myself the other day. As simple as that idea sounds, it really does make the tasks seem smaller -- not so overwhelming! I was shocked at how much I could get accomplished in 20 minutes here ... 10 minutes there. Thank you so much!!!

    Love!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  5. We just got a costco membership last week. I debated forever on doing it, wondering if I would really save money shopping there! My husband likes to go for the free samples!
    Toni
    http://thehappyhousewife.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I'm glad to know that even though you don't feel well, you still haven't lost your sense of humor :o)

    Should I admit I have never been to Costco? The closest one is about an hour from my house. But then again, nothing is close to my house. BJs and Sam's Club are a little closer. I do go there occasionally. Maybe I could live at Sam's. They have great pizza!

    Take care my friend! I hope you start to feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well. I hope you get better quickly.

    Thank you for your support and friendship over the last few days. It means so much to me :)

    We don't have Costco here! I wish we did, because I hear people talk about it all the time. I have often thought that I could easily live at Wal-Mart. It's like a little universe, all in itself. You can bank, eat, get a haircut, and even rent a safe deposit box for your valuables.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh we love Costco!!!! We've been shopping there for the last 12 years! I can only imagine how much money we've spent on diapers and formula alone!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never been to Costco but I used to work Walmart and Sam's Club and it felt like I lived there. Hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!

So I'd still love to hear from you! Just don't type out a link to share! ;)