Thursday, February 12, 2009

THINGS I NEVER THOUGHT I'D BE SAYING TO MY KIDS

When I was a child, there were certain things I said that I would never say to my own children someday. There were also things that I never dreamed I'd be saying to my kids one day. Here are some things I didn't think I'd ever be saying to my kids years ago when they were younger:


  1. Because I said so.

  2. Why did you throw that at your brother?

  3. What do you mean you wanted to see if you could hit him?

  4. There's very little blood so you're fine.

  5. Why did you spit on your brother?

  6. Stop spinning or you're going to fall and split your head open.

  7. No, you're not going to die but you do need to go get stiches in your head.

  8. Grandpa let you do what? Grandpa said you could eat what when?

  9. You flushed your truck and a sock down the what?

  10. No, you cannot hang out the second story window, it's to high and it's to dangerous.

  11. Stop picking your nose.

  12. Stop picking your nose.

  13. Stop picking your nose.

  14. Go get a kleenex and stop using your sleeve.

  15. No, you can't have any more carrots until you finish all your french fries....

  16. Please clean your room before you go to bed.

  17. Please just go to bed, you can clean your room in the morning.

  18. Did you just call 911?

  19. Stop eating the dog food. She's hungry and you have your own food.

  20. Please do not pour milk all over the dog.

  21. Did you eat all of your dinner? What is that hidden in the corner over there?

  22. Please don't use the cupboard to pull yourself up onto the kitchen counter.

  23. Yes, I think daddy can reattach the cupboard back to the wall but I don't know if he can repair the dented floor and be careful and don't cut yourself on the broken glassware.
  24. We don't eat playdough.
  25. Just be more careful next time.
  26. No, we walk down the stairs. We don't jump.

9 comments:

  1. They sounded so familiar. Just variations on things I have said... and my oldest is only 4!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I've said several of these. :D It is funny or not so when you tell them to do something like don't run down the stairs then they jump down them?! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL What kids do to us!

    I'm confused by #15 though...

    Great list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute...I hope I don't ever have to use any of those. YEAH RIGHT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it...I say things all the time my parents said to me and I swore I would never say. Like...when I was your age. Ugh...why did I just say that? They don't care how things were, they want it now. LOL
    Or, if you get hurt doing (insert something stupid) then don't come crying to me when, because I told you not to.
    Love those words.
    Love your makeover...very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is soooo funny and so true! I am pretty sure that I have already said some of that to Gracie... just today! lol! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH MY GOSH!! I HAVEN'T EVEN READ YOUR POST BECAUSE I'M SO EXCITED ABOUT YOUR MAKEOVER!!! It fits you perfectly! I love it!!!!! Yay!!! Doing the happy dance over here!!!! WTG Tara!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. May I add: "Stop that! I don't have time to go to Emergency tonight." "Try to use good judgment, I do not want to be on the 5 o'clock news!"

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by today! Please feel free to subscribe to my blog and/or follow me on facebook. The links are at the bottom of each post.

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!