Wednesday, February 25, 2009

SLEEP IS GOOD....

When I was single I really dreaded the end of the weekend and the beginning of the work week. Many times I would stay up late Sunday night/early Monday morning in my own personal protest of Monday. As long as I stayed up late I was still on "weekend" time. Relaxation, church, fellowship, and hanging with my friends. As long as I didn't go to bed, Monday couldn't come, right?

My days of staying up that late are pretty much over. I remember leaving the house at 9:30 at night to meet some friends somewhere. I remember going to a midnight showing of a movie. I remember a time when 9:00 p.m. seemed early and the night was young.

Now, I can't even imagine anything that I would want to leave the house for at 9:00 p.m, less much midnight. Go to a midnight showing of a movie? Why would I want to do that? Do you know how late we would get home? Getting home at 1:30 or 2:00 in the morning no longer seems fun to me!

I still will go out and go for a walk in the snow at midnight. I still will, if the moment is right, be up for something that sounds fun.

But my "spur of the moment" late nights or crazy trips are pretty much a thing of the past. I don't know if children or sleep deprivation does that to you. Some things just don't sound as fun anymore.

What sounds fun is staying home and being with my family. And sleeping. Sleep is good.

11 comments:

  1. I ditto that!!! Gosh, when I was in my early 20's I could stay up all night!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to take a walk at midnight in the snow. Sounds lovely.

    Sleep is the best. Honestly, after becoming a parent, I find that I can fall asleep anywhere, anytime. Trouble is, I can't figure out if my ability to do so is a blessing or a curse.

    Great post!

    -Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember teasing a married couple that were friends of mine when I was single because the clock would hit 9pm and they would get up and go home. I completely understand it now. 9pm is LATE. Once I was married, even before kids, there were very few friends I would stay out at night for. You have to be pretty special to keep me out late.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen..sleep is good!! I, too use to think nothing of going out late. Now it has to be something "really" good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to agree with sleep right now. I haven't had enough of it over the last week. So wish it was something we could catch up on. I try and still do late, but so unproductive. LOL I need my sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree! My sons will leave to go out way after I'm ready to go to bed.

    I hope my post on "fighting fat after 40" isn't too misleading. I'm 51! That technically IS after 40, I guess! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So true. I used to be able to sleep so good, but since I've hit my 40's I don't sleep as well, so I get all I can. If I go to bed too late, I still get up around the same time I always do the next morning and I'm tired all day long. A nap is sounding pretty good right now, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL! I am so with you there. I go to bed at 10 and am up at 5:30. I nod off sometimes by 9:30. LOL! Sometimes I even take a nap.. Zzzzz!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, I would rather spend my evenings at home with my family. And I definitely need my sleep :o) How did I stay up till wee hours of the morning in college? I'm really not sure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know...I go to bed at 9:00 lately! Last night, my husband was snoring on the couch at 8:15, and I was staring at the TV in a half awake stupor.

    This morning I asked him, "Honey, when did we get old?"

    He blames the children. Apparently, they're aging us prematurely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aaaaah- sleep! That is something we should be doing right now!
    blessings,
    kari & kijsa

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by today! Please feel free to subscribe to my blog and/or follow me on facebook. The links are at the bottom of each post.

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!