Whenever I see a commercial on t.v. for something new, I just "gotta" have it. How could I have lived without it before????? How can I live without it now????
Suddenly I believe that that particular cleaning item will solve all of my problems. I know it will! It doesn't even matter if it's a cleaning problem, those supplies will solve anything. Honestly, I suspect that it will solve the national debt problem as well. I feel that intense about it. I gotta have it.
Fortunately, the frugality in my nature usually overcomes the cleaning supply collector in me, so I don't have everything. Just some things. Things I have acquired over the years:
- I have the floor duster thing. Yup, it's that thing that picks up dust off the floor. It does pick up dust but is not so hot with dog hair. Frankly, I wish the dog would manage his own dog hair but whatever....!
- I have the wet floor swifter or whatever it's called.
- I have the swifter duster. I bought all of these things years ago in order to make the cleaning easier and more "entertaining" for the kids. Now I am the one that is easily entertained by them (the cleaning supplies, not the kids)...although the kids can be quite entertaining, go here.
- For awhile I bought the wet cleaning wipes to use in the bathrooms and things.
- Recently I bought something that is able to sanitize my kitchen counters but doesn't need to be rinsed with water. I rinse them anyway, can't help it. It makes me feel better.
- I have some kind of "green" cleaner that someone gave me that I haven't used.
- I have some kind of pink cleaner that I bought and I haven't used.
- I have the chamois cloth or whatever it's called (to soak up spills).
- I have microfiber cloths.
- I had to buy Oxi-clean for my laundry when it came out.
- I had to buy the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser (and I am glad I did, that thing rocks!).
Whenever something new comes out I think (like some lovesick teenager)....maybe this one will be "the one."
I have even (peers over her shoulder to make sure noone is listening) watched some of the infomercials to see the latest handy-dandy gadget that they say I can't live without. We never go to the fair anymore, but when we did I always loved going into the place where all those salespeople were demonstrating their cleaning and houseware products.O.k., so is it just me with this problem? Heather, Mimi, Toni? Anybody? Is it just me????? Don't even get me started on the kitchen gadgets I have that I rarely use....that will be another post in itself!