Friday, February 13, 2009

BLAH! BLAH! BLAH!

I am sitting here hungry and my abs hurt. You figure it out. I would imagine that the words diet and exercise comes to mind.

When I started dating my husband I found out that he was a jogger. He would run pretty much every morning before he went to work. I was very impressed when he told me that. I tried running with my roommate once. We ran all the way up to the corner.....three houses down.....I thought I'd die.....She kept running and I turned back and went back to bed. Hey, it was 5:30 in the morning!


Did you know that they have two 5:30's? There is one in the evening called 5:30 p.m. but, get this, did you know that there is also one in the morning!!! Can you believe it? It's called 5:30 a.m. I was shocked. Who knew?


So I thought it would be very romantic to go jogging with my lovely future husband. There can't be nothing much more attractive than a woman gasping for air, her hair all sweaty and in her face, and wearing an ugly purple velour jogging outfit. Hey, it was in the 80s, o.k? Everybody was wearing them.


My sweetheart offered to crawl, I mean run, with me but I suggested that we each go at our own pace. Actually his was a pace. Mine was more of a slow painful shuffle. I cannot tell you how many times he lapped me on that track.


The cool thing is that, when they pass you, they can't see what you're doing because they are now in front of you. So you can slow down to a crawl and they'll never know. Not that I did that or anything.

Fast forward to the present day: So lately I have fallen off the exercise wagon and now I am back on it. Which is why my abs hurt. And my shoulders. And my calves. Not that I am complaining or anything...wheeze....gasp....ouch!

I have heard of that "runner's high" that you're supposed to get when you exercise. I'm still waiting for it. I think it's just a myth that somebody made up to get me to exercise, lol! Not that I am complaining or anything...wheeze....gasp....ouch!

14 comments:

  1. My husband and I used to run from his parents house to his old high school (which was about a mile away), and then when we would get to the track, we would run another mile, and then end it with sprints. I still can't believe I used to do that! I hate running!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're supposed to get a HIGH from exercise???? I must do it wrong then.

    Good on you for getting back into it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you! Running was never my thing but I do like to walk. I think it's always better when you have someone to exercise with. My daughter is a runner and claims to have found that "high." I personally don't get it. Keep up the good work-out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Did you know that they have two 5:30's? There is one in the evening called 5:30 p.m. but, get this, did you know that there is also one in the morning!!! Can you believe it? It's called 5:30 a.m."

    Thanks for giving me a laugh first thing in the morning! That was too funny! I can totally relate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL ... I have never been a runner! I would love to be light on my feet and run like the wind! Maybe someday. :o)

    Keep pressing through. Send us pics of you running (from the neck down of course -- dare we identify you -- lol).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your new look! Oh how it suits you! Just love it, my friend! What a blast! Now I have to learn how to take your button and put it on my button place without messing my whole layout up! lol

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hee! This made me smile. I have a husband who is a gym person and it drives me insane. I'm pretty good about getting outside and moving around with my kids but I'm not a gym person.

    Give yourself 21 days and from what I'm told you will have the runners high and miss it when you don't run.

    I know my husband got hooked after about 2 weeks and now he says he feels bad if he doesn't get to the gym.

    Good luck!

    And I like your new look.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Debra, I have to figure all that stuff too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am not actually running. I am getting my cardio from walking on the treadmill or exercising to a dvd. That runner's high is supposed to come when you've had a good workout no matter how you do it. Still waiting, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rina, needless to say I am not a morning person, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think that whole "runner's high" thing is a lie perpetuated to keep people exercising in search of said elusive high. Like you, I decided I needed to get back on the exercise wagon a few weeks ago and it has been a rough start. Have you found Melissa over at 365 Days of Exercise? She's committed to working out EVERY DAY for a year. She's my hero and she reminds me that I am a total slacker.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I will live through you. I don't like pain. LOL I gotta get on that wagon again. Walking just isn't enough.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you have a very Happy Valentines Day! ♥ Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by today! Please feel free to subscribe to my blog and/or follow me on facebook. The links are at the bottom of each post.

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!