Friday, February 27, 2009

At the risk of sounding like shameless self-promotion and embarrassing myself, I want to explain to you what I'm doing . You may have noticed something new on my blog. Then again, maybe not! I asked Tara (she designed my blog, I love working with this girl!) to make me a button for my Making Your Home Sing! Monday posts.

I have been thinking of getting a Mr. Linky and doing them as a meme on Mondays in case anybody wanted to play along with me either now or in the future.


Now, I know that the blog world probably does not need another meme. And I know that most of you probably like doing your own posts and many of you already do memes on Monday. I also know that this topic may not resonate with some of you like it does to me.


I started doing these posts because I feel that I needed to encourage myself (and hopefully some of you) in the things that we do to make our house into a home. A warm, loving, nuturing home that we want to be in, that our family looks forward to coming home to, and that is a happy place to be. A home that sings!

But I would love some company along the way! There are so many areas that we can encourage and teach each other about. Motivation, our attitude, baking, encouraging our husband or children (if we have either one), organization, cleaning, saving money....the opportunities are endless. Every day you are doing something to make your house into a home for yourself and/or your family. So my point with each Monday post is, what are you doing today?

It can be an attitude or an action. Whatever you're doing you are blessing your family. I just want people to post what they're doing that day to "make their home sing." Anything we do to bless our families, to make our homes run more smoothly, anything we do to go about our homemaking more joyfully and thankfully will apply.

Sometimes we may not even really be aware of the influence that we have upon others. I want to encourage us to think about the impact we are having and the blessings that we can bring to our homes. Just doing the "job" out of habit, without really investing ourselves in the process is not a joy, it's a chore. What a privilege and a blessing it is to make our homes! What fun and encouragement to share your ideas with others.


We can take the running of our house so seriously that we can forget the part about making it a home! There's joy in the journey, my friends!

So, now I have a button (it's on the left sidebar near the bottom) and I just wanted to give you a heads up about Monday and to say that you are welcome to do your own post and join me each and every Monday as we journey together on our way to Making Our Homes Sing!

12 comments:

  1. I love the button. Very cute. I also enjoy your posts...every single one of them:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh..I totally enjoy your posts about the home! I think it's a wonderful idea to have this meme. You have encouraged me in more ways than one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea. I hope to be able to participate in this one1
    Toni
    http://thehappyhousewife.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mimi: Thank you, I love the button too and thanks for your kind words.

    Alicia: Thank you for your words of encouragement!

    Toni: I would love the company!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea. I do already have a meme for monday (two of them, actually!) But if you'll allow me, I may join you every now and then and post on Tuesday (I don't have any memes on Tuesday!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! I love your posts about the home. You have such great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rina: Of course! Glad to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the button!! I put it on my blog. :D You have been an encouragement to me through your posts and emails.

    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sherry, thank you, you are such a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful idea for a Meme.
    Although I do a meme on my regular blog on Mondays, maybe i will do this one for my Love is blog. It sounds like a perfect idea for a blog that gives tips to parents :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Debi, I would love to have you participate. All this time and I have never checked out your other blog. I will do that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like that phrase - Making Your Homes Sing. I'll be sure to join when I can but by my hubby's instruction Monday is usually our rest day because by nature of our calling Sunday is a work day for us.

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by today! Please feel free to subscribe to my blog and/or follow me on facebook. The links are at the bottom of each post.

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!